View RSS Feed

Marb

Christmas 2019 my horses to follow for the festive period

Rate this Entry
SOLOMON GREY is a quirky type who has ability but it's a question of when will he finally put it all in.

He notably missed the Cheltenham Festival in 2018 and 2019 when he could have easily ran in handicap hurdles. Had he done so, he'd be rated a lot higher over hurdles and even 7-10 pounds higher over fences too.

His claim to fame was being third behind Cyrname and Altior the last day. He was beaten about sixty lengths, but I always thought he could be a handicap chaser in the making.

I will give the horse another chance in a handicap chase. I see he has been declared for Boxing Day and will have the first time tongue tie and cheekpieces on. Hopefully they'll work the oracle.

In the King George, I think it is interesting Matthew Chapman has changed his tune so much on the chances of Fergie's horse, CLAN DES OBEAUX.

What I have in common with Chapman, is that I didn't think he was that good a King George winner last year.

I actually felt sorry for Waiting Patiently at the time who was travelling like the winner before being cruelly brought down through no fault of his own.

Whilst Cyrname hammered Ruth Jeffersons horse later that season, Waiting Patiently showed he is a very good yardstick when dropping back in trip for a third placed finish against Defi in the Tingle Creek at Sandown.

All things considered, taking into consideration the prices, I reckon Lostintranslation is too short a price based on what he has done. I have it betwen Clan and Cyrname. A toss of a coin really...but Clan is the better price so he gets my vote.

In the novice chase, perhaps JARVEY'S PLATE will make 12/1 look a big price. He won first time out over fences. I think he bounced the next time. He's had a decent break and will be a big hope for Fergal O Brien on Boxing Day wearing first time cheekpieces.

Good luck and a Merry Christmas to all horse racing enthusiasts especially with what your betting. I will be probably backing a big each way lucky 15 on the above pending declarations nearer the time.

Updated 26th December 2019 at 12:35 PM by Marb

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments