View RSS Feed

Marb

Turjomaania at Doncaster

Rate this Entry
Roger Varian's Turjomaan (NAP 11/4) looks a really solid second favourite at Doncaster in the 2:25 tomorrow, having improved markedly for the step up to group two company the last day. Blinkers are applied again: I'm hoping to see something special tomorrow.

In the Portland, Makanah (NB 18/1) warrants a good each way bet. I like the fact he was gelded after leaving Crisford's yard to run for Julie Camancho. The horse has come on leaps and bounds since then, improving from 73 to a mark of 97 in the handicap ratings. He out ran the odds the last day when 40/1 at York, I think he's coming here less exposed with less mileage than a few others. Embour also looks to have a strong chance for Richard Hannon but I had to pick one so Makanah gets the verdict.
The Leger should be between the front two if you believe the betting, although at present I reckon the betting market is undestimating Sir Ron Priestly, (could be supported on raceday?) and probably Technician too, with preference for the former. Sir Ron has done nothing but improve when rising through the handicaps and I always feel that top handicap form is slightly overlooked in these group races

Updated 13th September 2019 at 5:42 PM by Marb

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments