View RSS Feed

Marb

Glorious Goodwood Wednesday

Rate this Entry
Interesting handicaps at Goodwood tomorrow. The first time in a while I've enjoyed studying the form.

1:50 I fancy a very big run from SEINESATIONAL (each way 33/1 Bet 365) who has a win strike rate of about 30 percent (6/21) in smaller races. He is a horse who knows how to win races, still progressing with a great racing weight. He has good track form at Goodwood, is nine pound better off with another rival in Age Of Wisdom, which epitomises how well handicapped Seinesational is. He might relish the step up in class.

2:25 FUTURE INVESTMENT (8/1 Win) is a very interesting horse. He was gelded last season where connections wisely didn't bother to run him but he's doing really well this season with the highlight being an excellent third place in a valuable race at Down Royal. Top marks to Ralph Beckett for having the audacity to run him in Ireland on only his fourth start. This could go a lot shorter than the opening show of 8/1.

3:00 Jimmy Quinn probably can't believe his luck in training a filly like LIBERTY BEACH (6/4 win, NAP). She's an odds-on chance currently available at odds-against. She'll take some stopping.

4:10 ELECTRIC LADYLAND (10/1 Each way) ran two solid races in big field events the last two runs so could realistically go very close to winning.

4:45 A competitive handicap with horses that have ran in some good races. The one I really like is a filly that has beaten the colts and geldings already this season at Hamilton called MOLL DAVIS (NB, 8/1 general price). The form of her 1M4F win last time has been franked. She stays further than 1M2F but they'll go much faster here which should mitigate this. I'm confident she has the gears to win well.

Updated 31st July 2019 at 3:23 PM by Marb

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments