View RSS Feed

Marb

My anti-post bets for the Cheltenham Festival

Rate this Entry
I've backed SOLOMON GREY anti-post for The Coral Cup, although there is a possibility connections may choose the Martin Pipe Handicap Hurdle as Solomon Grey's preferred target. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I've backed him for the correct race. I've been keen on Solomon Grey as a progressive horse for ages. He was a decent third to a highly rated hurdler, Ifthecapfits a while ago. He came right back to form last time in The Lanzarote Handicap Hurdle at Kempton. The third horse has franked the form, so I've had to invest some sterling each way for The Coral Cup. Wherever Solomon Grey runs, he can give an excellent account of himself.

Edit - NEVER DECLARED

I was recently looking at The Grand Annual. I thought BUN DORAN stood out as an excellent price at 20/1 each way. He has form with horses such as the improving sort Cepage. Bun Doran is a course and distance winner. While he's been beaten at short odds a few times, he is usually there or thereabouts, threatening to win a race like this. His form with Ozzie The Oscar looks decent too, as he has collateral form behind Cracking Find and FOREST BIHAN. I've mentioned the latter on the forum a couple of times. He will carry a big weight, but he shouldn't be underestimated for a race of this calibre. I've only backed Bun Doran so far, but if Forest Bihan is declared I'll be more than happy to have two horses running for me in the penultimate race of the meeting.

BUN DORAN PLACED (SP 11-1). FOREST BIHAN PLACED (SP 33-1).

Albert Bartlett Hurdle - I've been trawling through the novice hurdle form lines. The best form is BIRCHDALE'S win against Buster Valentine and Jarvey's Plate last month at Cheltenham. Jarvey's Plate is a very good yardstick. There's collateral form which ties him to the Betfair Hurdle's second placer Magic Dancer. I reckon the longer race over three miles instead of The Ballymore Novice Hurdle is the one Birchdale will run in. He's best priced 10-1 for The Albert Bartlett, whereas he's drifting to bigger prices for The Ballymore on the exchanges.

UNPLACED

Supreme Novice Hurdle - ELIXIR DE NUTZ. The collateral form is important. The Terry Warner owned gelding beat Grand Sancy the last day who has just beaten the much higher rated Sceau Royal. This could place Elixir De Nutz somewhere between 7-10 pounds higher than his official hurdle mark of 145 (Edit..new mark - 153). He's also a horse who has beaten the aforementioned Jarvey's Plate carrying ten pounds more in the weights, so Elixir De Nutz is a solid option for the first race of the Cheltenham Festival at a current price of about 14/1.

NON RUNNER

Edited- My original County Hurdle bet, Anemoi, was not entered.

Updated 16th March 2019 at 9:10 AM by Marb

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I must say I'm getting interested now in soloman grey.
    For it to be it's only entry is the coral cup is interesting.
    Yeah Outsider, but I wouldn't want to see him declared for The Imperial Cup over 2M though. My preferred place to go, before a tilt at Cheltenham, is Taunton on Thursday.
    Updated 24th February 2019 at 6:31 PM by Marb
    I'm not sure soloman will get in the coral cup.88th in lost so they will have to win the imperial cup to get in.
    Isnt there a bonus for winning the imperial and any race at Cheltenham.
    It's funny they havent entered it for the m.pipe.
    I'm sure skeleton knows what hes doing,doesnt he?
    88th would get in to the Coral Cup quite regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by simmo
    88th would get in to the Coral Cup quite regularly.
    I was only going on what Kevin Blake said in his blog.4 out of the last 5 runnings 137 didnt make it.