View RSS Feed

Marble

Marble's anti-post bets for Cheltenham 2019

Rate this Entry
I've backed SOLOMON GREY anti-post for The Coral Cup, although there is a possibility connections may choose the Martin Pipe Handicap Hurdle as Solomon Grey's preferred target. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I've backed him for the correct target. I've been keen on Solomon Grey as a progressive horse for ages. He was a decent third to a highly rated hurdler, Ifthecapfits, quite a while ago. He came right back to form last time in The Lanzarote Handicap Hurdle at Kempton. The third horse has franked the form quite handsomely, so I've had to invest some sterling at 20/1 each way for The Coral Cup. I reckon whatever Solomon Grey runs in, he'll give an excellent account of himself.

I was recently looking at The Grand Annual. I thought BUN DORAN stood out as an excellent price at 20/1 each way. He has form with horses such as the improving sort Cepage. His form with Ozzie The Oscar looks quite decent too. Bun Doran is a course and distance winner. While he has been beaten at short odds a few times, he is usually there or thereabouts, often placing and threatening to win a race like this. I hope I've invested my sterling wisely. We shall find out in the weeks to come. I've mentioned Forest Bihan for the same race on the forum once or twice, but at present he is only quoted by three bookmakers. Bun Doran looks a slightly safer each way bet at the moment. There'll be nothing stopping me from backing Forest Bihan in the race too, should Brian's Ellison's chaser line up on the day.

Those are my two anti-post bets thus far. I'll update this blog entry when appropriate.

Updated Yesterday at 9:44 PM by Marble

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments