View RSS Feed

Marb

My horses to follow for the 2018 flat season

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
1. COMPUTABLE. Trained by Tim Easterby, he struck me as a horse who improved for being gelded, which he showed when a respectable third at Thirsk last time. He travelled powerfully that day, like a horse who would improve for the run, and if he cannot improve on that rating of 76 this season, I will pack the game in. He's entered at Thirsk on Saturday, where he seems to have his handicap mark unchanged.

2. GOSSIPING ran a creditable second at the Chester meeting last week where he will have learnt a lot, having bumped into a horse called Baraweez, who in hindsight, was unbelievably well handicapped. The future looks bright for Gossiping though. There should be another big run coming soon in a handicap..

3. INGLEBY HOLLOW caught my eye when second to a mare called (4) PRETTY JEWEL at The Lincoln Meeting at Doncaster, on ground that was too soft for him. Pretty Jewel has franked the form and a mare to follow, (preferably with cut in the ground), while Ingleby Hollow has won subsequently and entered at Doncaster this Saturday. Ingleby Hollow would have every chance of winning again if the ground is on good side.

5 Ruth Carr's EXPLAIN ran well when staying-on at Chester, (in the race Gossiping was second to Baraweez in), having been very unlucky not to get a clear run. I do fancy Explain to win races this season.

Updated 18th May 2018 at 8:05 PM by Marb

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments