View RSS Feed

yorick

Chelt III

Rate this Entry
10 minutes ago GOUGHIE* likes this QuoteEditlikePost Options Post by YORICK* on 10 minutes ago

Another thrilling day but money was hard to come by for me. Some good runs but just not good enough.

Elegant Escape ran a really good race and in his second season, he could well improve to dine at the top table, as they say.

Min looked a bit green, strange to say but may be with another summer on his back he could challenge for the best. He was a live danger at one point but he did wander a bit and didn't look as balanced as we’d like.

Tomorrow is messing with my brain but I have a couple of interest going in the same Kim Muir (5.30). The first of these is Aubusson. I thought he looked like a really lively bet fro the XCountry but they’ve swerved that and pitched up here. I remember backing him in the 2016 Hennessy and he ran a good race, too. He’s been on the radar since. I think he was unlucky at Cheltenham in the XCountry in November, going plenty well enough until the saddle slipped after an error.

Another memory reminds me that a horse in the same ownership, Maljimar, was the poor mugged soul after McCoy’s ride of the century on Witchita Lineman. I backed Maljimar that day and was gutted yet in awe of SirAP at the same time. Poor old Mal was trained by Nick Williams, trainer of Aubusson. It would be a sweet triumph indeed if he were to win this.

Another I fancy is Arctic Gold. I like this horse and thought he was jumping and travelling just fine before coming down over the National fences in December. My angle tomorrow is the trip. I think the step up to a stiff 3.2m will suit him down to the ground and the price on offer makes him a very nice ew proposition to me.

I think the ground is the problem for Traffic Fluide in the Brown h/cap (4.10) and I’m more interested in King’s Socks with Ballyalton as a possible. It may be that the ground will ride too soft for the latter but he’s been of note lately. King’s Socks has the look of a ‘job’ and is backable ew.

Countister might be worth an ew go in the 4.50. She’s won her last two and even though she may have been fortunate lto, the hurdles are there to be jumped, jump them she did and there may be improvement to come. The Walsh fav looks good, though and will probably win but it’s an ew market for me.

I shall go with Un De Sceaux, Sam Spinner and Invitation Only at short prices, I think.

In the 2.10 my darts have found two: Sort It Out and A Great View at ew prices.

All in all it’s another ‘killer’ of a day. I am most hopeful of Arctic Gold.

1.30 Invitation Only win

2.10 A great View ew Sort It Out ew

2.50 Un De Sceaux win

3.30 Sam Spinner win

4.10 King’s Socks ew Ballyalton ew

4.50 Countister ew

5.30 Aubusson ew Arctic Gold ew.

Good luck
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments