View RSS Feed

Denman

A Jump Racing punters view of racing and life

Rate this Entry
Good Afternoon to whoever views this blog,

it could well prove a huge hit or i will be talking to myself, but the same as anything in life you wont know until you try.

A could blog/forum/chat is only as ever as good as those who contribute to it so i hope there maybe some good interaction along the way.

Sitting here looking at the Calender and i notice there is just one week left of August, i turn the page, September yes ............ it will soon be October the proper season draws that little bit closer. in fact so exited am i that i totally overlook the 2 weeks holiday booked in the first of September to menorca and boy do i need some sunshine living in the South Wales valleys the rain seems never ending!

The Family Holidays are always booked around the Jumps season a term and condition of marriage you could call it , but to be fair my head lass is very understanding on the issue.

Jump racing is a massive part of my life, the Horses and Jocks are so brave and talented and they endure all sorts of tests, conditions and obstacles, and give me huge and the racing public huge enjoyment, i also like the sense of community in the sport, along with the rivalry, but the respect shown by all involved is a massive plus for the game.

The crowd always seems more knowledgeable and welcoming than its flat counterparts, less glamorous maybe but, more respectful and less lashed up stag and hen doos, not that i am a saint but there is a time and place ...........

I am not against the flat its just not my cup of tea generally, i do however try to tackle the big handicaps (better class 3's and above) but with nowhere near as much success as i do with the jumps.

i started betting using systems, and then went down the VDW route, then went down the form route then tried and re tried a combination of all of them to limited spells of joy and failure mostly the latter

imoho, form can be difficult to weigh up, and collateral form seldom works out how you think, so i decided i would keep my own ratings and notes on every horse i could and watching lots of replays and as many races as possible, i only work between October and March as when April arrives its the fresher "spring type" that does well.

my figures last season (which really count for nothing as its gone) where as follows......

out 244 Wins 47 Rtns 331.50 +87.50

i will call in gain soon with more chat, and roll on October .........

Denman
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Look forward to reading your contributions Tank!
    welcome Denman.
    good of you to take the time and effort; wishing you all the best for the new season.
    Thank you both for looking in and your best wishes, i really appreciate that,

Fontwell Today, nothing on the betting front but i am interested to watch the 6.20 if quadriller, has brushed up his jumping he has a very lenient mark to work from for chasing in this particular contest, But OWNER OCCUPIER recieving plenty of weight, had a spin over hurdles here 12 days ago Tom Cannon rides this track as well as anyone could be the answer in what looks a weak contest, you never stop learning ........
    Well I didn't have a bet, but watched on as quadriller won and owner occupier finished second, the winner, was sketchy at a couple but in all truth no more so than the rest of the field.

although, I never backed anything its nice to get your eye in. what is it they say practise makes perfect? or does it make even more frustration in this game lol

anyway have a great day all and if you find anything with webbed feet it should run well

Denman