View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Funny Day

Bit odd today that after a dearth of my trackers coming through seven should arrive today. Unfortunately they were opposing each other in several races so there was no bet.

One of them ended up in a titanic battle between my two in the 3:05 at Yarmouth. Title prevailed over Sea Karats in the end after a right old ding dong down the straight with the rest puffing along five or more lengths adrift. A good pair these two who I’m sure will make their mark in higher things. I didn’t bet, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Pluses and Minuses

Fall of Rome demonstrated yesterday why it’s dangerous to get involved at longish odds on, whilst Rosstafarian demonstrated today that long odds are not much good when the horse is out of its depth.

On the plus side today there were strong wins from Arecibo at Newmarket - won with a ton in hand so might get hit hard by the handicapper, Flotus who looked pretty smart at Goodwood (although the second Prism would have finished a lot closer had she not lost her place a couple out and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Dismal

All the eager anticipation from the last post has evaporated. Fall of Rome has chosen to run today at Goodwood 1:10, but sits at the “no bet” price of 4/9.

Rosstafarian looks like taking his chances in the Irish 2000 Guineas tomorrow although I think that will be too rich for his blood. Connections can’t believe he is a complete no-hoper, though, given the time consuming buggering about getting horses there what with COVID and Brexit. I might be tempted with a tiny “longshot” interest ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. What are you backing this Saturday

There's some good racing in Ireland on Saturday at the Curragh, plus here in England, at Goodwood, York and Haydock. All covered by ITV racing.

I wanted to get an early look at the action.

Here's two horses I like a lot at the prices.

Haydock

Dash Of Spice was a horse to follow of mine after an impressive win in the Duke of Edinburgh handicap at Royal Ascot 2018. That was a top class effort for a colt, which he was ...

Updated 21st May 2021 at 1:03 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Upcoming: Fall of Rome and Rosstafarian

Very quiet week and not a great deal on the (my) horizon either. The lousy weather is an added complication as well. Two I’ve been waiting for, though, and both double booked.

Fall of Rome

Although a losing favourite he ran a nice race at Ascot on soft over 5 fur. My notes:

Outpaced as the race developed he was sharing last by three lengths with a furlong to go,but he came through strongly leaving all but the smart winner - Go Bear Go - in his wake. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast