View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Tuesday 9th April 2024

I don't suppose Hereford on a Tuesday afternoon on heavy ground would be likely to keep even the most fervent National Hunt fanatic in any way remotely excited but I thought I'd amuse myself by taking a scan over the two chases on the card. They're both Class 5 and moderate would be too flattering an adjective to hang on either contest. 'Poor' springs to mind. These poor races can be as difficult to solve, if not harder, than top-class handicaps and, certainly, these are a couple of puzzles to ...

Updated 9th April 2024 at 1:42 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Monday 8th April 2024

Not much going on today, NH - wise. Just Wincanton and paltry is the card regarding chases.

I will have a little on:

Golden Sovereign - 5.08 Wincanton 3/1

I do like these veterans' chases.

I've been keeping my eye on this gelding recently but have to report that he hasn't shown much at all. Subsequently, his mark has dropped by 15Lbs. He wasn't the only horse tharshed by Mr Vango two runs back and I'm hoping that the addition of a tongue-tie ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Sunday 7th April 2024

From the wilds of deepest Norfolk, currently grappling within Kathleen’s wild embrace, I bring you my stormy Sunday nonsense, knowing that as a punter with lots to say, I’ll admit to very little punting acumen. As the old saying goes: ‘Empty vessels make the most noise’ but in writing my blog, I hope that the racket I make will have some resonance with you as I share my punting hopes and frustrations.

Today I’m taking a Quixotic tilt at three unfortunate beasts.

Updated 7th April 2024 at 11:52 AM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Saturday 6th April 2024

Just the one, uninspiring meeting over the jumps today at Uttoxeter and more of the heavy ground that is now a matter of course.

It’s a day where I have a horse running from my alerts and I’m dying to back it but, in all honesty, I should leave it alone:

Fine Casting - 3.20 Uttoxeter 11/4

It couldn’t help but put this fellow into my notes after his run at Ascot earlier on. He really did make up ground after the last behind easy winner Kotomask. That was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Friday 5th April 2024

There is no selection today but thought I'd write an entry for the day.

I was ready to advertise my fancy for Military Tycoon in the first at Fontwell. Below are comments previously written on my blog concerning the horse:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Military Tycoon - 5.35 Salisbury 9/4 Win (Bog)

My original note came after his run at Nottingham i April on the soft:

'05/04/23 Nott 1M

Updated 5th April 2024 at 11:04 AM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized