View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Monday 1st August

Here are a couple for tomorrow that have found their way into my notebook. I think they have a chance at a decent price.

Firstly:

Wynford - 6.40 Carlisle 6/1 Ew Won 6/1

Was noted making late headway in the Northumberland Plate consolation. Back to near his LWR, he's a course winner who'll go on the good ground predicted but will handle it if there's a bit more give. Must have a chance back in this grade.

Walnut Beach - 3.00 Cork - 25/1 Ew 2nd 40/1 ...

Updated 5th August 2022 at 7:29 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Sunday31st July 2022

One feels inclined to have a little on Tippy Toes (2.55 Chester) since we have absolutely no clue as to the stable's intentions for this one or, indeed, what the real ability of the filly is. To us punters, it's anyone's guess. So, A tiny insurance, so as not to miss out in the (unlikely) event that he should strike lucky here.

Really, it's a trappy old race, with so many ifs and buts, that it should be left alone but this is a calm Sunday (Placido Domingo, in Spanish, would you believe?) ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Sunday

ON A SESSION 410G 6/1 has won off higher and on soft.

I have to do TIPPY TOES 255C14/1
    I dont know what Mark Johnson has in mind for this horse.
    It got hampered more than once at ascot before running on late.although he finished out of the first ten he was only beat about 3L.
    They then ran in a race he couldnt win and another stakes race.hes been dropped from 98 to 97 so maybe they are trying to get a further drop.on the ascot showing he ought to be able to win ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Stewards Cup day - the day after...

How can Saturday live up to my Friday festivities? Orbaan

It will definitely feel like the day after the Lord Mayor's show for me but I've got three to do with nice prices and fair chances, too.

I always have a second look when canny old Goldie sends one down south and I'm tempted by one I noted in running a couple of races ago:

Euchlan Glen - 2.10 Goodwood 20/1 Ew

Yes, I know, an 8yo: been there, done it. Let's not forget, though, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Goodwood Day 5

Goodwood Day 5

Just two worthy favourites to finish an enjoyable Glorious Goodwood. Must be over seventy years since my dad first took me (in company with a coach load from the Swan & Sugar Loaf which was my parents pub).

1:05. Classic had a very impressive debut at Newbury. Slowly away, he raced in the rear and made good late headway to finish fourth without being put under any pressure whatsoever and without getting a clear run and having to be switched. I suspect ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast