View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Saturday 20th April 2024

Do you remember Step back making all and destroying the Whitbread field in 2018. Trained by Mark Bradstock and owned by Cracker And Smodge Partnership?

Well, they have a horse called Mr Vango, trained by Sara Bradstock. This one has a similar profile to Step back, in that they both had impressive wins (both made the running)that brought them up to exactly the same mark - 135 going into the Sandown race.

25/1 for the Whitbread, for which, I'm sure, you've already earmarked ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Sc9ttish national day

The Scottish national looks a cracker on paper doesn't it.
    With Stay away Fay the class horse,but 12 st is a big ask.
    Plenty of front runners to make it interesting.
    I've got good prices about INIS OIRR 20/1 and MR VANGO 20/1.
    and a pound ew on Tommie beau 50/1.
    I've added another now with BEAUPORT 20/1 won the midlands national despite going the scenic route and the jockey finishing with only one iron.
    Willie sends 6 and Skelton has an unexposed one to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Monday 15th April 2024

Yesterday was blogoff day for me as I wound down after the Aintree festival. Overall, I enjoyed that immensely. As I said before, to see and enjoy the sport is the main thing and expectations of any win scenario shouldn't really be entertained.

Racing on Saturday was the real deal and, by and large, my selections were not disgraceful, I thought. My Ew lucky gave me three places(6th,2nd, 3rd) to show a level return on the stake: not bad for four races where my horses were in with a ...

Updated 15th April 2024 at 11:10 AM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Saturday 13th April 2024

The last day of the festival and some lovely racing in store for Saturday.

Here in Norwich there's been a real touch of spring in the air which is fitting for Grand National day, isn't it? My step feels somewhat lighter and I shall look forward to the day's sport with some welcome optimism, no matter what the results of my marathon form study.

I shall combine four in a L15 for the day to kick off proceedings, one at Chepstow and three at Aintree:

Black ...

Updated 13th April 2024 at 8:58 AM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Friday 12th April 2024

That was an exciting day’s racing, wasn’t it?

You know me. I’m a chasing man, myself and, as such, I have to say that the race I’ve eagerly awaited, perhaps more than any other this season, is the Topham Trophy.
    I’ve followed Lounge Lizard from his very earliest days as a chaser and ever since he ran in the 3m 2f Becher earlier this season, the Topham looked to be the race for him. He took to the national fences like a duck to water and it was clear when he weakened that day, ...

Updated 12th April 2024 at 12:23 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 199 1234561151101 ... LastLast