View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Newmarket - 3

by , 25th September 2021 at 10:18 AM (Bits and Pieces)
    W3last yesterday.

Money came for Spinaround so he became a viable bet - not for me, though, since I was settling down to watch the Ryder Cup (what a dreadful first day and it’s difficult to see them coming back from it). Didn’t back Fooraat because of the overnight weakness which didn’t strengthen. Left with Domino Darling who came a thumping last

Only tracker today is Naval Commander in the Cambridgeshire, but at 80/1 a forlorn hope so I’ll just settle down ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Newmarket - 2

by , 24th September 2021 at 10:10 AM (Bits and Pieces)
    232 yesterday - good job only fun bets.

Three trackers again today:

Spinaround 1:15 - showed a lot of promise in runs to date, but up against a heavy odds on job and it’s his “get my handicap” run. No go.

Floorat 1:50 - got involved in a barging match last time at York which knocked her off balance, but only went down by two short heads. Would likely have won otherwise. Quite keen on her, but drifted a bit over night which is not good news. Will keep ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Newmarket - 1

by , 23rd September 2021 at 10:29 AM (Bits and Pieces)
    I started this blog earlier in the year with - “ I’m not a great fan of this time of the year. There are too many strange results at the fag end of the jumping season as many a fancied runner has already called it a day and is just out for an afternoon stroll. Add to those the disappointments who suddenly realise they’ve got to earn a bit of corn to keep themselves in comfort for another year and you can really throw your formbook out of the window.”

Now here we are at the fag end ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Doncaster - day4

by , 11th September 2021 at 10:02 AM (Bits and Pieces)
    I have been having a torrid time lately and that continued with my one bet yesterday - Alflaila - who ran reasonably well, at least looking at home in the class, without success.

Somehow I’m off-key at the moment. It’s almost as if I’m betting in a new season, but using last year’s notes. I decided to strike out all notes before mid to late July and just concentrate on the more recent performances.

That said I’m having one last Doncaster fling with Title who ran pretty ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Doncaster - day2

by , 9th September 2021 at 4:57 PM (Bits and Pieces)
    Difficult to believe I couldn’t find anything to back today. Three trackers but two in same race (so no go) and one heavy odds on. Content to watch what turned out to be some scintillating racing.

First up the Class 2 Weatherbys Scientific £200,000 2 Y O Stakes. The market called it with the first three in the betting finishing in a heap leaving the rest of the field for dead. The take out horse for me was Jazz Club who finished 3rd a neck and 3/4l behind giving the first two 5lbs. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast