View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Well, that was York that was.

I had an awful lot of trackers, but with bitter experience from a lot of big meetings I only had five bets. It should have been six , but Arecibo drifted like a barge so I left him alone. Poor old Primo Bacio lost the ground - without the £15,000 supplement she’d have been withdrawn along with Ed Walker’s other runner - so I should have left her, too, but took a chance. Real World won which was a relief, but didn’t do much ease the pain at evens. A couple of the trackers did win without me - Sam ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. York Day 4: Primo Bacio and Real World

Well now, here we are for the last day and I haven’t managed to get a selection placed yet, let alone grace the winners circle. I’m having a dire run at the moment.

Going permitting I’m going to stick with Primo Bacio who has had three unlucky runs where she met interference yet finished well and one run which she won quite impressively getting a clear run at it. She doesn’t want soft and was withdrawn at Goodwood after the deluge so will have keep a close eye on the weather. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. York Day 3: Berkshire Shadow and Arecibo

Two bets today (Hark! Did I hear the bookies cheer.)

Berkshire Shadow

In his first race at Newbury over 5f on good ground he dwelt at the start and quickly fell half a dozen lengths behind the leader. It was some performance to come through and win from there. He followed that with an excellent win in the Coventry at Ascot over 6f on good to firm ground, again with a late and powerful surge. Seven furlongs on soft came next at Goodwood where he came second to Angel ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. York Day 2 - Portfolio

by , 18th August 2021 at 10:15 PM (Bits and Pieces)
    Well, Ehraz ran a blinder . Only consolation is that Portfolio can’t do any worse tomorrow.

Actually got six trackers for tomorrow at York, but five are in opposition so I’m only left with Portfolio. The others are:
    1:50 Desert Dreamer, Nymphadora, Vertiginous
    4:10 Maglev, Neptune Legend

Portfolio has run consistently well this year, winning twice. She has improved steadily as she has stepped up in distance and Class. Last time out she came a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. York day 1: Ehraz

Only the one bet at York tomorrow.

Ehraz started his racing life in a 13 runner Class 3 Maiden at Newmarket over 7 furlongs. He had a slow start and was held in the rear until he started to challenge two out when he was a good few lengths behind the eventual winner, Noble Truth, who was also starting to move from mid field at that point. At the 1 furlong mark he was still 2 lengths behind Noble Truth - who had got to third by then - and the two of them moved clear of the field with ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast