View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Newmarket Saturday

After feast follows famine. Only two trackers at Newmarket for today and both in the one race - the Darley July Cup.

Starman is a worthy favourite after his solid Duke of York win at York. Withdrawn from Ascot’s Diamond Jubilee because of the lousy ground, he has got his ground this time (Can it really be good to firm? They’ve been kicking chunks out of the ground in the races I’ve watched). If Ed Walker is going be believed defeat is out of the question and it’s pretty hard to see ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Newmarket Friday (again)

Sweeping disappointed and again got swamped in the last furlong finding nothing. Should have been fit enough so maybe doesn’t quite get there under that sort of forcing ride.

Dubai Honour was a nice win at the death with Foxes Tale touched off in second. King Frankel a dead loss.

I’d taken Desert Dreamer each way at 12/1 early price, but added to win at 6/1 and again when price got to 5/1. That made it a small loser overall, which was a shame.

Well, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Newmarket Friday

Another shed load of trackers

1:15 - Sweeping was a good fourth in the Chesham at Ascot last time have previously run Dhabab to a couple of lengths. He has the best form on offer, but I expect there are several waiting to jump out of the woodwork. They’ll need to be sharp though.

1:50 - Dubai Honour, Foxes Tales and King Frankel. The latter ran well at Ascot, but I favour Dubai Honour here who did very well to finish fourth racing on the ill-favoured far side in the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized