View RSS Feed

Marb

What are you backing this Saturday

Rate this Entry
There's some good racing in Ireland on Saturday at the Curragh, plus here in England, at Goodwood, York and Haydock. All covered by ITV racing.

I wanted to get an early look at the action.

Here's two horses I like a lot at the prices.

Haydock

Dash Of Spice was a horse to follow of mine after an impressive win in the Duke of Edinburgh handicap at Royal Ascot 2018. That was a top class effort for a colt, which he was at the time before being gelded.

He was off for 2019, then returned last season, where overall he couldn't rekindle his best form.

Consequently his handicap mark went down to a very fair mark. He has since switched stables from David Elsworth to Adrian Keatley.

His new trainer applies the first time tongue - tie and hood, which from reading some of the comments in running for Dash Of Spice, (noted as hanging right handed when winning at Ascot), the headgear change, plus the fair rating make him worthy of support in this.

York

Inchicore is an improving filly, nicely bred out of Galileo, who will surely love running with cut in the ground and stepping up in trip here.

The favourite Believe In Love won a group three over in France at the end of the last season, but this group three looks a deeper race, so I'm prepared to take Believe In Love on at the prices.

The horses trained by Joseph O Brien and Hughie Morrison both need to find a few pounds on what they've done to date, so at about twice the price of those two, I'll chance Inchicore at double figure odds, for trainer Alan King, who can compete on the flat with the very best flat trainers, especially in staying races, at about this distance or further.

Updated 21st May 2021 at 1:03 PM by Marb

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments