View RSS Feed

Marb

Boxing Day Patent

Rate this Entry
Market Rasen 2.15

The Lincolnshire National has a relatively small field where Sidi Ismeal might be popular to score again on only his second start over fences, although he is stepping up in class and three furlongs in trip, with a nine pound higher mark in the handicap too.

Cash To Ash has run well the last couple of times but while he may still be fairly handicapped I feel there might be one who is even better handicapped and so Cash To Ash might have to settle for second again in a race like this.

Who's In The Box won this race last year, so he is an obvious contender but I am not sure how deep this race was last year. I think it is a higher calibre event this time around so I will be against Who's In The Box, especially after he was pulled up the last day.

A horse who has only been seen over fences five times in this country since arriving from France is Eclair Mag and his first start in a handicap chase, when winning at odds of 80/1 and beating future winner Mac Tottie, (currently rated 142), was a very compelling piece of form.

As we know Mac Tottie has won a big chase at Aintree since then, the Grand Sefton chase, and so just on that form Eclair Mag is still a well treated horse off 125 for a race like this.

I am forgiving him the last couple of efforts so at likely decent odds, I am giving him another chance as I reckon he is still a potentially very good staying chaser on what he has done.

Wincanton 3.13

Alan King drops The Unit in grade here to class four level so he carries top weight, but this doesn't mean he is not well handicapped.
The Unit won a couple of novice chases in 2018 and was rated 140 or so over fences.

He has been hit and miss since then but he did put in an excellent chase run when third behind Espoir De Teillee at Warwick last February and that winner has franked the form plenty since.

While Espoir De Teillee is now a much more progressive horse than the 10 going on 11 year old The Unit, I think that form at least shows The Unit can win a couple class four or three races off his reduced mark now if Alan King has him right.

The Unit is now running off a mark of 121 which is well below the mark of his best chase runs. A decent third last time signalled a return to form and I reckon he can win this race.

Huntington 1.47

The final horse for my patent doesn't need too much reasoning as for all intents and purposes Get Prepared landed a nice gamble a little while ago on his first start in a handicap hurdle.

He didn't win by a great amount but has only been raised 4lb in the handicap so he is likely to start a warm order to win again in this grade against this type of opposition. He is the third horse for the win patent.

I am happy to just watch Kempton as I can't see enough of an angle to want to back anything.

Good luck all for Boxing Day.

Updated 24th December 2021 at 4:15 AM by Marb

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments