View RSS Feed

Marb

Highland Chief to confirm class in classic

Rate this Entry
A tail of twists and turns so far in the 2020 Epsom Derby. I am no betting market guru but the amount of horses I have seen fluctuating up and down in the anti post betting market this season has been quite phenonimal. The anti post market has had everything happening to it.

Key horses taken out through injury, various trials throwing up steamers in the market. Even greatest jockeys like Frankie Dettori taking lesser known jockeys rides on anti post favourites like English King.

The horse I have come round to as a likely winner is a horse who was third behind Pinatubo last season. His first start this season was when he pulverised a good field at Royal Ascot in a handicap off top weight.

That was a step up in trip to ten furlongs but the way he finished left you believing that he would stay every yard of a druelling twelve furlong derby at Epsom.

The 20/1 surely can't last. If the heavens open at Epsom for cut in the ground Highland Chief surely enters the stage as a live contender.

I am not put off by him entering the derby via a handicap as some handicaps are as competative as they have ever been these days. Increasingly trainers are bringing group animals through the top handicaps.

Good luck.

Updated 4th July 2020 at 2:06 PM by Marb

Tags: epsom derby Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments