View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Saturday 6th April 2024

Just the one, uninspiring meeting over the jumps today at Uttoxeter and more of the heavy ground that is now a matter of course.

It’s a day where I have a horse running from my alerts and I’m dying to back it but, in all honesty, I should leave it alone:

Fine Casting - 3.20 Uttoxeter 11/4

It couldn’t help but put this fellow into my notes after his run at Ascot earlier on. He really did make up ground after the last behind easy winner Kotomask. That was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Friday 5th April 2024

There is no selection today but thought I'd write an entry for the day.

I was ready to advertise my fancy for Military Tycoon in the first at Fontwell. Below are comments previously written on my blog concerning the horse:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Military Tycoon - 5.35 Salisbury 9/4 Win (Bog)

My original note came after his run at Nottingham i April on the soft:

'05/04/23 Nott 1M

Updated 5th April 2024 at 11:04 AM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Monday 2nd April 2024

It's early in the flat season but I thought I'd give it a go in one race today at Pontefract.

Wen Moon - 3.15 Pontefract - 0/30 Win.

This one won over the course first time out last season over 6f on soft ground. I think he's shown that he can handle 5f and will not be overly inconvenienced by today's heavy surface. He can race prominently, too, which seems to be an advantage on this course. Yes, it's early in the season and one can never tell about fitness but he'll ...

Updated 2nd April 2024 at 12:10 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Monday 1st April 2024

It's Easter Monday and certainly enough racing but very little to enthuse about as far as any selections go. I will probably have two bets today, one at Plumpton and a little ew dart thrown at the Irish Grand National.

The 5.25 at Plumpton only has four runners (of course) yet the prices are quite generous bearing that in mind. Firstly, I'm thinking that the 2m here will surely be too sharp for George Moore's Aggagio, a two-miler on the flat who has a soft ground preference. Now, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Sunday 31st Mrach 2024

some nice racing today, I think: more to get my teeth into.

I have a couple that I fancy:

Rouge De L'Quest - 4.35 Fos Llas - 3/1 Win

I noted this one on his chase debut in November. A very lightly raced gelding, having his first run over fences against some seasoned handicappers. One thing is certain: he's a natural jumper who measured the fences well. Only one mistake and it was good to see him learn from that, putting in a blemish – free round afterwards. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized