View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Gracious John and Here And Now the York fancies on Day One

GRACIOUS JOHN (1:55) E/W is very reliable horse, with an excellent win strike rate., both on turf and all weather surfaces. What caught my eye, is the five pound turn around in the weights he has with the top weight Tiz Marvellous, when he was only beaten a length or so by that horse the last day at Ascot. In terms of weights and measurements, five pound is a healthy weight turnaround for Gracious John to try and exploit. He rates good each way value at around 16/1.

Later on the ...

Updated 21st August 2018 at 8:44 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Related at Ripon

2:05 Related can win the silver cup tomorrow Ripon. I reckon the key to his chance is his excellent form on sharp tracks like Goodwood, and Ripon is one of these right handed sharp tracks. He is well enough handicapped and just needs a bit of luck.
  3. Ice Age - Stone Cold Stonker

Everyone Knows Eve Johnson Houghton been in great form this season, and the trainer is still finding improvement from Ice Age. I respect this horses form, I really do, and I give him another chance now back in a valuable handicap. He carries a big weight. However, I'm not put off as he has the class to overcome it. I reckon he can win this event on his way to better things, perhaps even group races next season.

Updated 17th August 2018 at 3:05 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Lucky Beggars Belief

Saturday Newmarket 3:20 The 8 year old, Lucky Beggar is fancied to return to winning form, at a track he ran his career best at as a 3 year old. He is on a really low mark, (a career low rating), for a horse who has amassed over 100K in prize money in his career so far. There are 16 runners at present, (see how long that lasts). Marble believes he is the each way value in the race and a good ride for Fran Berry too.

Updated 17th August 2018 at 2:59 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Strong Each Way Mid Week fancy - Kempton 8:40

Pasted this in from the forum

Kempton 8:40 Wednesday

I've just seen C'Est No Mour, who was third behind Teodoro two starts ago, is entered at Kempton on Wednesday night.

A bit like Teodoro the last day in The Newton Cup, C'Est No Mour has shown he's a quite a decent horse but has repeatedly failed to have the finishing speed at 1M4/1M6F, but this doesn't necessarily mean he needs stepping down in trip, it means he might need further against, possibly ...

Updated 7th August 2018 at 8:33 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized