View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Thursday 5th October 2023

A couple today that I've had my eye on.

Immelman - 5.20 Thurles 9/1 Ew (Bog)

It has to be said that this one has disappointed thus far after this note I made about his running in July:

'I noted this one in July when it made late headway over 2m at the Curragh. He looked a sure-fire future winner to me and I subsequently backed him on his next at Galway (last time out). How gutted was I to see him finish stone last? It transpires that he was reported ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. What are you backing Today? Part 2

Edited.

Updated 30th September 2023 at 4:01 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A few for Saturday

Would love to see DUAL IDENTITY win the Cambridgeshire as I have 80/1 a/p.also done ZOZIMUS 25/1 and I had to have a pound ew on Geremia and faylaq both at 100/1 as I always do them.

Others I've done
    NO MORE PORTER 335K 3/1
    BOARDMAN 425H 33/1
    MR WAGYU 330R 6/1
    ACCIDENTAL AGENT 525N 6/1
    GULLIVER 315H 10/1
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Probably Giving It a Miss

Good racing at Newmarket, but I can’t concentrate since I’m glued to the Ryder Cup. Fantastic first day with Europe winning all the morning foursomes then winning one and drawing the other three four balls in the afternoon. Eight matches and the USA have not managed a single win, although I expect they’ll come out fighting tomorrow.

Albeit probably in hindsight I’ll be interested to see how Soprano goes in the Cheveley Park since I thought her debut run showed tremendous promise, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Wednesday 27th September 2023

Since my fortunes seem to have improved markedly of late (That's jinxed it!), I thought I'd 'publish' my two fancies today:

Typewriter - Goodwood 4.50 9/1 Ew

I noted this filly earlier in the season, particularly her run at York in late May (Gp3), behind River Of Stars (now rated 106), beaten 4.5L at levels. That was eye-catching, I thought, with nice late headway. Since then, she's been highly tried in Cl 2's and at distances which may have been beyond her. I see ...

Updated 27th September 2023 at 9:52 AM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized