View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. A Couple of Good Ones Out Today

by , 22nd October 2022 at 8:09 PM (Bits and Pieces)
    Already talked a bit about Strong Leader- 5:00 Cheltenham - on the What Are You Backing thread. It was a good run from him, but he didn’t show the explosive move that he made in his first (and only) race. I don’t really understand the ground description as “good” when they were coming in covered in mud. I suppose it must have been soft on top, but still firmer underneath where the going stick goes. So it may be that he didn’t like it too much. Anyway, this may have been as much a prep run as anything ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Here we go again.

This isnt the time of year I enjoy,too many trainers are planning for next year and the jumps is an unknown really.
    I've done a ew Canadian for fri/sat
    GEREMIA 230D saturday 18/1
    NOMADIC EMPIRE 410D 10/1 saturday
    THE HOLLOW GINGE 205C saturday 7/2
    YOUNG FIRE 120d Saturday 12/1
    TWINJETS 505C friday 2/1 .....6th

I've been waiting for geremia to run over 1m 4f for a while and probably needs a penalty if the November hcap is a plan.
    I ...

Updated 21st October 2022 at 8:00 PM by Outsider

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Newton Abbot 4:35

by , 15th October 2022 at 10:27 AM (Bits and Pieces)
    Interesting little race this. Boothill was all the rage pre-season last year, but didn’t shine and disappointed at his one try over fences. Having another go over fences today and will he start to deliver in earnest or not.

Silent Revolution is another one highly thought of who should have been going places last season, but didn’t. Nicholls says: “I think Silent Revolution is a bit of a dark horse going novice chasing and I like him a lot. He won first time over hurdles then got ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Wednesday 12th October 2022

I'm tempted by one today:

Lory - Wolverhampton 3.50 14/1 Ew

First -time handicap run for this one. I noted it lto with the comment:

12/09/22 Thirsk 5f soft
    Got the idea a bit late but made nice headway final f to suggest 6f will suit. An Ifraaj filly, 7f will probably be the call eventually.

That was 5f and they've upped her in trip to 6 today, which is good, as is the fact that the last run was a cl 4 whereas this is a cl ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Jumps Away

Nice to see some old friends re-appearing as well as the new kids on the block.

Chepstow

1:42 Tuddenham Green looked like a good recruit to the the juvenile hurdle ranks, despite the occasional iffy jumping. He can feature in more of these.

2:17 some old friends in this one, but only Tea Clipper looked up for it. Favourite, but just thwarted by an invader from the emerald isles. He’s ready to go.

3:27 They are trying Flic ou Voyou over ...

Updated 9th October 2022 at 4:18 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized