Blog Comments

WD mate
    Yes, wins even with the saddle slipping. Was backed from 14's down to 13/2. The stable's in rude health isn't it.
    Nicely done, and doubly pleasing that they got the pronunciation right.
    hmmm I think they'd want to win it if possible. Odds don't look particularly great to me in the context of this race, though.
    Oh. Thanks Chaumi. That's instructive. I wonder if " A good run here" probably doesn't want to be a winning one so they can keep his mark intact, do you reckon?
    Lucinda on Your Own Story...."He will have come on from his reappearance second at Newcastle last month and a good run here will set him up perfectly for a tilt at the Bet365 Gold Cup at Sandown or a long-distance handicap chase at the Punchestown Festival"
    Chambard a Nr so MacTottie Ew the replacement
    As might be predicted, my hurdle eyes were off, with only The Jukebox Man putting up any kind of show. The other timber merchants blowing out. no complaints with Protektorat, beaten fair and square, perhaps just ungilded a little by he 'Cheltenham Bounce'.

For me, the Topham was the highlight. Not only for the fantastic spectacle and finish but also because Celebre Allen ran such a corker, only just failing but placed at 33/1. Result of the day for me and some small recompense for the withdrawal of Lounge Lizard.
    Really enjoyed that. Good racing wasn't it?

I'm pleased that Saint Roi framed and close enough with a 2nd, 3rd and a winner.

It's a shame Cat Tiger didn't do it and even worse that he didn't fall but the rider was (softly?) unshipped after being up there.
    Well. Comedy time, eh?

Fell and PU.

That's the great thing about not having the bet; you can just laugh.
    Sounds Kiplingesque
    Quote may have been one of Churchill's, seemed fitting. (Isn't Google a wonderful thing?).
    Updated 10th April 2024 at 11:07 AM by 2017diary
    Quote Originally Posted by 2017diary
    Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. GL
    Where does that quote come from, mate?

My favourite quote form Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela:

“The greatest glory in living is not in falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
    Updated 10th April 2024 at 10:03 AM by yorick
    Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. GL
    Updated 10th April 2024 at 9:53 AM by 2017diary
    Cheers mate. I do enjoy the writing and pleased to share.
    Eloquently said, Yorick. Great reading :-)
    Haha! I chose the wrong race to pick the chase debutant, didn't I? Village Master takes the spoils but Supasunrise ran a cracker in the fight up the run-in, didn't he? To be honest, at halfway it looked like he might finish tailed off but he responded very well indeed to the jockey's rousting along. I'm not sure I'd be backing him in future; he looks a little lazy to me.

Anyway, no bets but good fun had as we wait for the Aintree card to be unveiled on Thursday.
    Updated 9th April 2024 at 6:03 PM by yorick
    Hmmm... See what I mean about poor races being difficult to solve? Trapista. Ten chases without a win, raced principally on good ground, won twice over 2m 3f: obviously would win this 2m race on heavy going. Yet wins in a canter, really. Now, Out Of Focus was never put there to be competitive, was he yet, if you look closely at the end, he was running on. I think that things were happening too quickly for him and 2.5m might well suit. The jockey didn't look too concerned there, mind, lobbing along at the back most of the way round.
    Not really up to the task, unfortunately and the race is won by the Venetia stable. God she is a thorn in my side, that one: I never know what her horses are going to do. Am I the only one?
    Ah!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast