View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Monday 15th April 2024

Yesterday was blogoff day for me as I wound down after the Aintree festival. Overall, I enjoyed that immensely. As I said before, to see and enjoy the sport is the main thing and expectations of any win scenario shouldn't really be entertained.

Racing on Saturday was the real deal and, by and large, my selections were not disgraceful, I thought. My Ew lucky gave me three places(6th,2nd, 3rd) to show a level return on the stake: not bad for four races where my horses were in with a ...

Updated Yesterday at 11:10 AM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Saturday 13th April 2024

The last day of the festival and some lovely racing in store for Saturday.

Here in Norwich there's been a real touch of spring in the air which is fitting for Grand National day, isn't it? My step feels somewhat lighter and I shall look forward to the day's sport with some welcome optimism, no matter what the results of my marathon form study.

I shall combine four in a L15 for the day to kick off proceedings, one at Chepstow and three at Aintree:

Black ...

Updated 13th April 2024 at 8:58 AM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Friday 12th April 2024

That was an exciting day’s racing, wasn’t it?

You know me. I’m a chasing man, myself and, as such, I have to say that the race I’ve eagerly awaited, perhaps more than any other this season, is the Topham Trophy.
    I’ve followed Lounge Lizard from his very earliest days as a chaser and ever since he ran in the 3m 2f Becher earlier this season, the Topham looked to be the race for him. He took to the national fences like a duck to water and it was clear when he weakened that day, ...

Updated 12th April 2024 at 12:23 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Thursday 11th April 2024

Much as I enjoy the sight of big National Hunt racing festivals, I think we all know that opening up our wallets to celebrate is one sure-fire shortcut to the booby hatch. Very seldom have the occasions been when I have left the days with a bulging wallet.

Traditionally, I have always borne in mind the Cheltenham hangover effect. It has paid to note that, for many runners, the target has been the Cheltenham festival and many come to Aintree having left their best on the Prestbury ...

Updated 11th April 2024 at 12:09 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Wednesday 10th April 2024

The golden ball has appeared in the sky over Norwich and the sky is a hazy blue. Never to be trusted as a reliable friend, I expect it to fold away before long. Just a quick blogging before I venture into the garden to potter and plant.

Just one meeting today and nothing I'd want to bet on but there are two chases at Market Rasen that I've had a look at and, just to flex my form study muscles, I 'll share some thoughts on them here. Aintree tomorrow so no harm in keeping my eye in, ...

Updated 10th April 2024 at 9:57 AM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 199 1234561151101 ... LastLast