View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Day 1

Well, sod the weather. I’m fed up with such rotten ground to muck things up. Can’t say I’m approaching the day with any confidence, but the racing will be good to enjoy unless the going gets absolutely bottomless.

1:30 - I’d love to think that Jeriko du Reponet could have the beating of these. He has looked impressive, but unproven at the top table. There is less to take on trust with both Tullyhill and Mystical Power (who just might be something special) and less again with Slade ...

Updated 12th March 2024 at 12:23 AM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Starting to dream again.

Well,it's almost upon us again.
    It's an exciting week but the hcaps are the main point of my interest as Willie will win most races and if not with his fancied one with another.best trainer,best owners best horses but a bit boring.
    The champion hurdle is poor with state man and a bunch of handicappers.
    I have a few old favourites running this week and will have to back them.
    HEWICK,KITTYS LIGHT, are my 2 favourite horses.

In the ultima I'm banking on STUMPSTOWN ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Saturday 9th March 2024

Any joy today will be a miracle. I've a couple from my notebook which I'll share and then three for Ew fun.

Hudson De Grugy - Sandown 4.40 11/2 Ew

This one I've followed and who won on this day over c/d in both '21 and '23. He's nicely weighted again but, of course, the weather poses a potential issue with the going. On soft ground I'd be more confident but, apparently, it's changed to G/Sft which might prove irksome since all his winning has been on soft. However, ...

Updated 9th March 2024 at 1:16 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Cheltenham

Arkle - JPR One is still progressing and he knows this track. He can be forgiven for slipping on landing when in front a few months ago here. It was Shishkiness-like in terms of unluckiness. I think JPR One will go the gallop they go here for a long while. Whether he's tough enough at the end remains to be seen. But he has a good chance and I'll take him in the Arkle.

Ultima - I haven't made my mind up yet, but I am paying more attention to novices in the handicaps this year. My logic ...

Updated 9th March 2024 at 1:59 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Saturday 24th February 2024

What a good day's racing we have in store, eh?

It's such a shame that we have to wait mostly for Saturdays to come around before we are able to say that.

Doing a good few today. There are four that come from my alerts and a couple I have an inkling for. Firstly, I'll be having this as my main bet:

Haveyoumissedme - 5.05 Southwell 8/1 Ew 4places 365 Absolutely no chance off what was a snails pace. Just look at the time and you'll see what I mean. I don't ...

Updated 24th February 2024 at 8:51 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized