View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Two Good Ones?

by , 13th November 2023 at 12:41 PM (Bits and Pieces)
    Henderson often gives his top bumpers their first hurdle experience at Kempton and he runs East India Express there today. Bolted up on his only bumper run here last February (which surprised Henderson because they fancied their other runner with Nico up) then succumbed to the cough, took a long time to get over it and didn’t run again. Probably not worth a bet since likely odds-on, but it’ll be an informative outing.

Oliver Sherwood took Queen’s Gamble with him when he joined Harry ...

Updated 13th November 2023 at 3:00 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Some for saturday

Gesskille 245a no price but jumps these fences well. 11/4
    Local Dynasty 345nc 10/3 went into notebook last time.
    Call me ginger 315nc well weighted 14/1
    Threeunderthrufive 225w 10/3 well capable but is it trying or is it a pipe opener for the Hennessey.
    Foxy girl 145dr 4/1 looks well hcapped for its first hcap.

Good luck.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. ……and more.

by , 10th November 2023 at 10:39 AM (Bits and Pieces)
    Couple of interesting races at Exeter with some top level performers out. In the Future Stars Silver Bowl I reckon all of them are going to pay their way and with the rightly odds-on Stay Away Fay the main interest is to see how they have taken to fences.

Name:  IMG_2063.png
Views: 232
Size:  732.4 KB

The following Haldon Cup I can’t really do better than trying with a pin. Probably take a chance with Brave Seasca since VW’s horses are beginning to sing a happy song. So long as it doesn’t ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Interesting Ones

by , 9th November 2023 at 10:46 AM (Bits and Pieces)
    Couple of interesting ones out today.

Brentford Hope - didn’t live up all the hype on the flat, but pretty decent over the jumps. Harry Derham says “ I have no doubt at all he is good enough to run very well in this competitive contest.”, but what’s he doing running over a left-handed, galloping track when he’s said to be suited to right-handed, sharp ones?

Willmount - Very highly regarded bumper winner who moved stables during the summer (Neil Mulholland to Nicky ...

Updated 9th November 2023 at 10:55 AM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Tuesday 07/11/23

Dream of Diamonds 4.15 Warwick

Is my fancy

I'd fancy it a lot more if trainer Bowen didn't have 0-19 over the course in the last 5 years.

The gelding jumped excellently lto, on his fencing debut. Very lightly-raced, too, with only 5 rules races in his life. Whatever happens here, there's lots of promise, I think.

Updated 7th November 2023 at 4:57 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized