View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Al Erayg Doncaster 5:10

Mentioned on here already, but blogging this also.

Al Erayg looks to have a winning opportunity in the 5:10. He's been gelded, changed hands, now with Tim Easterby, ran a stormer at Chester having never been in a race winning position, and last out the stalls. Lake Volta is a decent horse too, but he may be in the handicappers pocket now. Al Erayg should be too hot to handle in any event. On that last run, including the fact he is leniently handicapped on French form, he'd almost ...

Updated 14th September 2018 at 12:55 AM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Rustang like a Mustang!

Ascot 3:55 Ghostwatch was impressive at York the last day but I can't trust whether he will put in an identical performance here. Rustang is improving with every run, so I take him to serve it right up to the key contenders and market leaders, at around 14/1 (e/w).

Also like Gossiping in the London Mile at Kempton. Good luck.

Updated 7th September 2018 at 7:07 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Chester

Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    The "Foxy Bingo Fur Ever Friends Handicap" at Chester on Saturday looks an interesting betting heat.

Mark's Johnston's pair head the market. Lake Volta ran well the last day. Poets Society won at 20/1 at York.
    I guess the question is: How reliable are those two horses? Both in terms of maintaining that high level of form that they showed last time and carrying their respective weights. I'm prepared to take them both on, with AL ERAYG, at 16/1 with Boylesports. This
    Tags: al erayg Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Heart Of Grace has the heart for Melrose

York 2:25 Heart Of Grace is on the up and she will take some stopping off a light weight in the Melrose handicap. She is Japanese on breeding so it'll be interesting to see how she runs.

Fingers crossed my anti-post fancy for The Ebor, Teodoro, runs well too.

Updated 24th August 2018 at 6:55 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Ulshaw to Bridge the gap

York Friday 4:50. Ulshaw Bridge is fancied to land this handicap for trainer James Bethall and jockey Danny Tudhope. He is progressive horse and has a nice pull at the weights, with Crack On Crack On, who I respect a lot. The three pound turn around should help Ulshaw Bridge, and he looks to have a good chance at the weights.

Earlier on the card, Titus, (1:55 York), has been running well in some good races' in defeat, finishing third and fourth a few times. He can run even better ...

Updated 23rd August 2018 at 3:26 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized