View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Inside Track with Jessica Harrington - Why Irish Racing is so Strong

My first interview of the season is aptly with Jessica Harrington, legendary trainer of Moscow Flyer and current Champion Hurdler; Jezki. She was my first ever interviewee for CFI, over 18 months ago and there's a lot to talk about. The National Hunt season is in full flow now so it was good of her to find the time to have chat whilst orchestrating the morning work at her Commonstown Racing Stables. I caught up with news on Jezki, why the Irish are so strong at the big meetings and she kindly gave ...
  2. Alan king – back once again for the renegade master

As in most sports, there are giants that dominate National Hunt racing; both in terms of success and financial clout. For Man City, Man United and Chelsea, read Henderson, Nicholls and Mullins. Unlike football, unless you are from Lambourn, Ditcheat or County Carlow, the average racing fan forges their allegiances through a variety of non-geographical factors.

Hearts over minds

It’s hard not to mention money when talking about many aspects of racing because it is ...
  3. Thursday Oct 16th.

Looking back at yesterday's racing - HANA LINA still showed signs of greenness, got away OK this time but ran too freely in front, was competitive until weakening rapidly inside the final two furlongs.

PETERHOF made a winning debut, tall and with some scope was rather sweaty, looked to be outpaced early on but given a patient ride by Moore showed a nice turn of foot to win cosily. Should improve for this and a longer trip.

Can't find anything of interest today.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Just a test blog to see how it works

just creating a blog to ensure google picks it up so a load of random terms below for SEO purposes

testing you crankshaft byline indeed interior samuel private walking brown
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Champions Day

Quote Originally Posted by trudij View Post
    I've got two grandstand tickets and invites to the party after if anyone would like them? I've got them for doing the racemaker thing - but im meant to be away that weekend and IT seems a shame to waste them.... I've been lucky enough to gain from generous people before and it's my turn to pay it forward

First come can have them
    Categories
    Uncategorized