View RSS Feed

Marb

2020 Arc

Rate this Entry
It must be Love versus Enable that has the racing community talking about this continents greatest middle distance event.

The former is a dual english classic winner, the latter a two time arc winner, only beaten by Waldgeist, who was a horse that saved the best until last in his career in last years renewal, when pouncing late to deny Enable.

Truth be told that it's probably too close to call. Frankie will need to eat up all the spinach he can. Love won the Oaks with such a visual display of acceleration, it was like watching Ronnie O Sullivan pull away from an opponent at this years crucible, it's usually game over by the time Love serves it up to fellow group one horses.

The betting market has a few who need supplementing plus its likely a few will be taken out in due course. The St Leger could in theory throw up a live contender. There could be one or two horses that might take in both races.

My early fancy is worth backing each way at a big price if he goes there on the day. He's a horse who has seriously improved this season, both consistency and quality wise.

His trainer believes he can pretty much beat anything on a going day, which translated to english, means we have found the key to Way To Paris (E/W, and/or without Love/Enable), at the old flat racing age of seven years of age, he's still going places.

Way To Paris hasn't been out the first two in four starts this season, they weren't bad races either. In those four starts he turned around form with a good yardstick in Shaman by three lengths or so.

He finished a neck behind last year's Arc third Sottsass, so he's right there with 120+ horses. There is definately improvement he has shown this summer in France.

His trainer also says if he continues to be in top form he would run him in the Arc so I will keep an eye on any updates in the next few weeks.

My feeling is bar Love and Enable, and assuming Godolphins horse doesn't run, Way To Paris can run a very big race on the day.

Updated 31st August 2020 at 5:33 PM by Marb

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments