View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. ……and more.

by , 10th November 2023 at 10:39 AM (Bits and Pieces)
    Couple of interesting races at Exeter with some top level performers out. In the Future Stars Silver Bowl I reckon all of them are going to pay their way and with the rightly odds-on Stay Away Fay the main interest is to see how they have taken to fences.

Name:  IMG_2063.png
Views: 231
Size:  732.4 KB

The following Haldon Cup I can’t really do better than trying with a pin. Probably take a chance with Brave Seasca since VW’s horses are beginning to sing a happy song. So long as it doesn’t ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Interesting Ones

by , 9th November 2023 at 10:46 AM (Bits and Pieces)
    Couple of interesting ones out today.

Brentford Hope - didn’t live up all the hype on the flat, but pretty decent over the jumps. Harry Derham says “ I have no doubt at all he is good enough to run very well in this competitive contest.”, but what’s he doing running over a left-handed, galloping track when he’s said to be suited to right-handed, sharp ones?

Willmount - Very highly regarded bumper winner who moved stables during the summer (Neil Mulholland to Nicky ...

Updated 9th November 2023 at 10:55 AM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Tuesday 07/11/23

Dream of Diamonds 4.15 Warwick

Is my fancy

I'd fancy it a lot more if trainer Bowen didn't have 0-19 over the course in the last 5 years.

The gelding jumped excellently lto, on his fencing debut. Very lightly-raced, too, with only 5 rules races in his life. Whatever happens here, there's lots of promise, I think.

Updated 7th November 2023 at 4:57 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Saturday 4th November 2023

After a positively dire week's racing, we're back, at last, to some quality with today's cards.

It being Saturday and still early season, one cannot be trumpeting one's selections too brashly but I put a few up here FYI and will enjoy the sport. Stakes will be accordingly modest to insure against too much wallet abrasion Decent runs are, of course, to be hoped for.

Mount Temple - 1.15 Wetherby 9/1 Ew 4 places

I noted this gelding put in a promising round ...

Updated 4th November 2023 at 12:44 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Sweet Shop

by , 4th November 2023 at 12:13 PM (Bits and Pieces)
    Wow, so many horses I like out today, I’m like a kid in a sweet shop dashing from one jar to another and at a loss how to spend my sixpence.

Fortunately, I’m away and haven’t the time to look at anything in any calm and considered fashion, so it’s only headline thoughts.

12:55 Ascot
    Immortal - Henderson loves this horse, but a rotten price.

1:50 Wetherby
    Luccia or Kateira eany, meany, miney , mo - Henderson reckons he’s had this race in ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized