View RSS Feed

Bits and Pieces

Just thoughts from time time.

1. Questions, questions

It’s a bloody long way from Lucinda Russell’s yard to Newbury racecourse so how come El Elefante is contesting the Grade2 mares race when she has been found out in two Class1 races? And if she has a good chance how come she has drifted from 9/2 to 8/1 this morning? Mmm.

Why has the £175,000 Regent’s Stroll not been seen out since such a promising bumper start at Ascot last November? Nicholls answers this by saying that he always had today’s high value bumper at Newbury in mind and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day4

It’s been a good week, but I’ll be damned if I can find anything of much interest to finish with. Particularly since I’m getting fed up with the massed ranks of Mullins specials. Lovely man, but he’s got the favourite in five of the seven races tomorrow plus several others high up in the betting. Can’t be healthy.

I think the Gold Cup took it out of Bravemansgame last year and I did wonder if he’d give it a miss this time. After a couple of lack lustre efforts he came back well in ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day3

1:30 - interesting race this and I’m torn between Grey Dawning - who probably has the form in the book and Facile Vega - who surely has better chasing potential than he has shown so far. Mind you, Iroko could have the potential to eclipse all of them after an impressive chase debut last November. It’s a mighty ask, though, to come straight here following what appeared to be a season ending foot injury and with so little experience.

2:10 - not really interested, but Cuthbert Dibble ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 2

After a bonza day yesterday I can be carefree today. It’s not my favourite day, though, so I reckon I’ll do more watching than betting

1:30 - can’t see past Ballyburn, particularly after Slade Steel’s performance yesterday. Will be no price, though , so I’ll watch and admire. How Henderson’s Jingko Blue goes will be informative for Jonbon’s chances later on.

2:10 - I’ll stay with Stay Away Fay albeit more in hope than conviction. I don’t think Giovinco is in this class ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day 1

Well, sod the weather. I’m fed up with such rotten ground to muck things up. Can’t say I’m approaching the day with any confidence, but the racing will be good to enjoy unless the going gets absolutely bottomless.

1:30 - I’d love to think that Jeriko du Reponet could have the beating of these. He has looked impressive, but unproven at the top table. There is less to take on trust with both Tullyhill and Mystical Power (who just might be something special) and less again with Slade ...

Updated 12th March 2024 at 12:23 AM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 33 12345611 ... LastLast