View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. ….and a Few More

by , 23rd October 2022 at 6:11 PM (Bits and Pieces)
    Tuned into the Aintree bumper to see how Bombay Sapphire would go (disappointing), but quite impressed with the strong finish from way back of Ruby Island. Worth keeping an eye on, I think.

I was particularly interested to see how New Found Flame went - 2:55 Ffos Las. Never put in the race as far as I could see and pulled up in the end which is ominous - they could never have intended that. Once again, looking at one that disappointed, but taken with another. The winner Spring Meadow ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Sundays picks

Well saturday was a bit of a disaster which isnt a great surprise at this time of year and the changes in going.
    Young fire got me some nice place money at 12s and 14s and went off 5/1. Its stablemate Bopedro was 2nd and if it had won I would have been a bit gutted as I think he is a miler for next year and never considered it today.Young fire didnt get the best of runs and I dont think Tudhope was at his best either,but maybe that was the plan.
    Silver Sheen was 6th 20/1 and bookies ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A Couple of Good Ones Out Today

by , 22nd October 2022 at 8:09 PM (Bits and Pieces)
    Already talked a bit about Strong Leader- 5:00 Cheltenham - on the What Are You Backing thread. It was a good run from him, but he didn’t show the explosive move that he made in his first (and only) race. I don’t really understand the ground description as “good” when they were coming in covered in mud. I suppose it must have been soft on top, but still firmer underneath where the going stick goes. So it may be that he didn’t like it too much. Anyway, this may have been as much a prep run as anything ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Here we go again.

This isnt the time of year I enjoy,too many trainers are planning for next year and the jumps is an unknown really.
    I've done a ew Canadian for fri/sat
    GEREMIA 230D saturday 18/1
    NOMADIC EMPIRE 410D 10/1 saturday
    THE HOLLOW GINGE 205C saturday 7/2
    YOUNG FIRE 120d Saturday 12/1
    TWINJETS 505C friday 2/1 .....6th

I've been waiting for geremia to run over 1m 4f for a while and probably needs a penalty if the November hcap is a plan.
    I ...

Updated 21st October 2022 at 8:00 PM by Outsider

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Newton Abbot 4:35

by , 15th October 2022 at 10:27 AM (Bits and Pieces)
    Interesting little race this. Boothill was all the rage pre-season last year, but didn’t shine and disappointed at his one try over fences. Having another go over fences today and will he start to deliver in earnest or not.

Silent Revolution is another one highly thought of who should have been going places last season, but didn’t. Nicholls says: “I think Silent Revolution is a bit of a dark horse going novice chasing and I like him a lot. He won first time over hurdles then got ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized