View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Caspian Caviar Gold Cup Cheltenham

Some cracking value in this race, albeit anti-post value, if you look hard enough. Forest Bihan is winking at me. This fella beat the ultra consistent Cloudy Dream as a novice, before beating another top horse in Simply Ned at Kelso last season, where he was giving away a few pounds in the weights. He fell last time out, but is young enough at seven years of age to bounce back. I think he is very interesting if stepped up in trip for Saturday, on a mark of 150, currently at 25/1.

Updated 9th December 2018 at 9:53 PM by Marb

Tags: forest bihan Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Sandown Sat Dec 8 - best anti post bet - Unison

DECEMBER HANDICAP HURDLE - UNISON from Jeremy Scott's yard has turned out to be a cracking handicap hurdler. He has a win strike of 8/21 over hurdles, has won over 80 grand in prize money, and been dropped a couple of pounds in the handicap, after a decent return to form when third the last day at Huntingdon. With Call Me Lord topping the weights on a mark of 160, this leaves ample opportunity for other well handicapped horses to exploit. I am definitely with Unison, at a top price of 16/1 with ...

Updated 4th December 2018 at 4:48 PM by Marb

Tags: unison Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Crievehill to win The Grand Sefton

A worthy favourite, this one. His form with Javert last time working out really well, with Javert finishing second behind Frodon. Crievehill well worth backing at ,6/1.
    Tags: aintree Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Each Way selection at Fairyhouse on Sunday

Fairyhouse 3:10 - Ivanovich Gorbatov each way. It does feel like a long time since Ivanovich Gorbatov won the Triumph Hurdle. It's been over two years since he won it at Cheltenham, on good ground. He gets the same good ground today. Rightly or wrongly he's rank outsider of the McManus horses, but he is young enough to return to form, still only a 6yo, if good enough. I fancy he will return to form this season, on approximately a stone lower mark, than he was after he won The Triumph. It is a long ...

Updated 2nd December 2018 at 9:07 AM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Dingo to deliver the dollar.

The Ladbrokes Trophy in the Jumps calendar is the next race worth having a bet in. Dingo Dollar has had five starts over fences; this will be his second-season chasing. He is currently 2/5 over fences. This includes a win at Newbury over 2M7F. He needs to step up in class. The fact Alan King thinks he might need further in time is absoloutely fine. He wants to be prominent in his races. To ride on the pace in a Hennessy, you need to stay the trip extremely well.

Updated 27th November 2018 at 12:30 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized