View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. York - Day 3

York - Day 3

Another day at York without a full bet, which is probably just as well. Plenty in the fun pot from the opening day, though, and not much diminished by yesterday’s blank.

2:25. I’d love to see Stradivarius have one last hurrah and also that connections recognise that his time is about done. Will add to his burden with a bit of small change for old times sake.

3:00. I thought Noble Style looked the part at Newmarket on his last run and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Thursday 18th August 2022.

I know that the York festival is a bigee but if I had a major go at tomorrow's racing, I'd be kidding myself, I'm afraid.

Three 2yo races I wouldn't touch with surgical gloves, a listed race that looks like a riddle inside an enigma and a 7f Gp1 where value looks as rare as a poor estate agent.

That leaves just two races. The first is the Clipper logistics - as trappy as you like.

I've had a look and I suppose I'll have a tiny Ew on the bottom weight, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. York - Day 2

York - Day 2

There’s a bit of money in the play pot thanks to Alfred Boucher, Zoffee ( although not much more than money back for him) and Utilis slipping into sixth at 40/1 (although I had to make do with 22/1 ) so that gives a bit more room for manoeuvre.

1:50. Everyone and their mother’s uncle seemed to think Dramatised was the stand out 2yo performance at Royal Ascot for her thumping win in the Queen Mary and I’m with the crowd. She hasn’t been out since ...

Updated 17th August 2022 at 6:41 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Wednesday 17th August 2022

A mine field, of course, at York
    It's wallet-shrinker, for sure and it calls for extreme caution imo.

So I have to say that my real bet tomorrow won't be running over the Knavesmire but across the sunlit uplands of the cat litter at Wolverhampton and I would add that this is a strong fancy indeed. The road to the booby hatch is littered with such statements, I know, but , really, this looks a stonking ew proposition to me:

Visibilty - 3.25 Wolverhampton 20/1 ...

Updated 17th August 2022 at 7:37 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. York - Day 1

by , 16th August 2022 at 10:26 AM (Bits and Pieces)
    York - Day 1

It’s going to be a quiet day. I had only been looking at one proper bet, but Nostrum has ducked the Acombe so left with nothing but a couple of fun bets. There is Baaeed to savour, though, and I wouldn’t dream of betting against him. I do hope Mishriff runs well as he looks as though he might be getting a bit difficult to handle.

4:10 I thought Zoffee was up for it at Newmarket with Frankie aboard. He ran well, nicely placed on the rail going into the ...

Updated 16th August 2022 at 10:43 AM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized