View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Cheltenham Saturday

Good racing today, a load of trackers and I’m in a sea of indecision

1:15 - yorick has made a convincing case for In Excelsis Deo and that’s put me off Calico who I thought looked pretty good last time. Should be grateful for that because I hate supporting Skelton horses.

1:50 Thunder Rock was certainly impressive last time, but I must have Monmiral who is surely due a win. Also got a sneaky liking for Frero Banbou who was unlucky last time.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Saturday 16th December 2023

At last, some proper racing across the board today. Yesterday saw some great NH action and today looks even better to me and i've enjoyed getting my teeth into the form.

Naturally, it being a Saturday, with so many races, it must be an overall story of modest stakes for most selections. There are two bets in he mainframe for me, though, who might warrant larger stakes. Firstly:

In Excelsis Deo - Cheltenham 1.15 - 5/2 Win

I cottoned onto this fellow after ...

Updated 16th December 2023 at 12:25 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Friday 15th December 2023

On 22nd November, my notes tell me I wrote this about the last run of Cepage (2.25 Cheltenham)

"Didn't win but that was a right good blowout, wasn't it. An honest ride, I thought. I'm not sure the course would be his favourite experience; don't know why: just an impression.

As for distance, his blood just says stay, stay , stay. Strange then, that most of his winning has been over less than 3m. Looking at the races he's had at around 3m, he's run well in

Updated 15th December 2023 at 12:35 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Newbury (2)

Glad they’ve saved the day (unless the mid morning inspection bites). I was missing not being there yesterday, but staying tucked up nice and warm wasn’t a bad option . Looks like some nice racing today and plenty of interest.

12:30 - I tend to stay clear of Jonjo’s horses because I can never get him right, but it’s difficult to see past Inch House despite being put up 10 lbs for his last run here. So did he have enough in hand to cope with that or is Jonjo out to start getting ...

Updated 2nd December 2023 at 12:05 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Newbury

Here we are then, my favourite meeting even though the Hennessy is but a shadow of its former self. Bit beyond me now, but I’ll settle in my armchair and wallow in warm memories.

First up is Jeriko Du Reponet in the opener. All the talk is of him being destined as the next superstar and I’m agog to find out if he deserves the billing. Never a bet at 4/11, but a race not to miss.

12:40 the favourite Djelo ran and jumped well to win at Aintree a couple of weeks ago and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized