View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Fag End

by , 12th September 2022 at 11:01 PM (Bits and Pieces)
    We’re just coming into the fag end of the season where hopes are dashed by horses gone over the top or thwarted by horses suddenly appearing out of left field to win their winter fodder. It’s a horrible time , but the saving grace is that the jumps are just around the corner. Can’t wait

The quandary is that the flat notebook has lots in, with bets a’plenty even though the risk of trusting them is increasing fast, whilst the jumps notebook is empty with no bets as a consequence. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Ayr gold /silver/bronze cups

I cant believe I am picking a 9 yr old but CHIEFOFCHIEFS has a massive chance.i took 33/1 before my afternoon nap and it's now 25/1 tops.
    Has sneaked in on 95.

More later.and silver and bronze later in week.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Doncaster - Day whatever

by , 10th September 2022 at 12:21 PM (Bits and Pieces)
    Doncaster - Day whatever

Seems a bit treasonable to be chatting horse racing at this sad time. I am going in on The Platinum Queen in the Queen’s honour and I dare say she will start even shorter than the current 13/8 since she seems such an appropriate bet. No Nostrum on the card for tomorrow, which is a shame, but saves agonising over the price.

2:35 - The Platinum Queen ran a blinder for a 2yo against older horses in the Nunthorpe and she should be hard to beat back ...

Updated 11th September 2022 at 4:40 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Doncaster - Day 3

by , 8th September 2022 at 7:06 PM (Bits and Pieces)
    Doncaster - Day 3

No bets on Day 2, but it was nice to see Adayar out for a stroll. Also thought Mimikyu had a bit of class about her winning the Park Hill and I reckon we’ll see a lot more of her.

On to Day 3.

2:00 - I’ve been really looking forward to seeing Nostrum again after his very promising debut in July where he won very nicely. All the more impressive since first time winners are not thick on the ground from SirMS. I’m not the only one it seems ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Thursday 8th September

There are couple that interest me tomorrow.

Firstly:

Manettino - 7.35 Chelmesford 5/1 Ew

I spotted this one at Kempton three runs ago (OR 60), making quiet headway at the finish.

Next up they went back to 5f, replacing pieces with blinkers and he duly lost so they upped him to 6f again but left all the equipment off and ran him on tapeta at Wolverhampton. Again he blew out.

I'm hoping that back on a more suitable surface, ...

Updated 7th September 2022 at 10:07 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized