View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Wednesday 27th September 2023

Since my fortunes seem to have improved markedly of late (That's jinxed it!), I thought I'd 'publish' my two fancies today:

Typewriter - Goodwood 4.50 9/1 Ew

I noted this filly earlier in the season, particularly her run at York in late May (Gp3), behind River Of Stars (now rated 106), beaten 4.5L at levels. That was eye-catching, I thought, with nice late headway. Since then, she's been highly tried in Cl 2's and at distances which may have been beyond her. I see ...

Updated 27th September 2023 at 9:52 AM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Saturday 23rd September 2023

A quick entry today as I’m out and about on hols.

Just to write that there’s a horse I’ve been following which will be my bet of the day:

Aplomb - 2.25 Ayr 10/1 Ew

This one will like both ground and distance and has had the look of a horse who’s been ridden with this in mind. Below LWR, hopefully the draw won’t be against him.

Three others from my notebook will also be backed:

Imperial Fighter - Ayr 1.50 21/1 4 places ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Ayr gold cup day

Some good races to lose some money on.
    The ayr silver and gold cups are hard.i narrowed each down to 10.
    I've ended up doing 2 in each.
    225 ADMIRAL D 25/1....3rd
    BE PROUD 25/1
    335 ESCOBAR 40/1
    MR WAGYU

Others tomorrow in my alerts
    TOSHIZOU 240NB 10/1......3rd
    SIRONA 115A 14/1...5th
    ROYAL PARADE 325NM 12/1.Drifted to 33s summer it up
    COUNT D'ORSAY 420Y 20/1......NR
    METAL MERCHANT 500NB 3/1....2nd ...

Updated 23rd September 2023 at 7:56 PM by Outsider

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Big Handicaps Are NOT For Me

by , 22nd September 2023 at 10:50 PM (Bits and Pieces)
    Well, they didn’t used to be until the Talking Horses fraternity seduced me

Ayr Gold Cup

It’s been a very lack lustre season for ROHAAN, but I think there were signs of life last time in the Group 1 Sprint Cup at Haydock where he finished tenth of sixteen some six lengths behind the winner. He didn’t get a clear run where it mattered and would have been a lot closer otherwise. It would not be hard to argue that he’s been set up for this race and if he runs anywhere ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Itchy Fingers and Buggered Back

by , 22nd September 2023 at 10:25 AM (Bits and Pieces)
    Oh the joys of old age. Managed to bugger my back twisting to get out of the car with a bag full of shopping. Been flat out in the back recovery position ever since and passing the time reading Paul Nicholls Horses in Training and Paul Ferguson Jumpers to Follow. Giving me real itchy fingers to get going with the jumps and welcoming all those old friends back.

In the meantime I managed to break the run of seconds earlier in the week, but was back there again with Ehraz yesterday. ...

Updated 22nd September 2023 at 10:27 AM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized