View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Thursday 12th October 2023

There's one going today that I made a note for 250 days ago. I've kept my eyes open and it's taken all this while for him to run again. It's only a personal thing but I've not forgotten the ground made up in his last run and instantly recognised the name when I looked at the racecard.

West Warhorse - 3.05 Worcs 8/1 BOG Ew

You know, I Hardly ever, ever back NH flat races but I make an exception here on account of the impression made with that run.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Jumping Feasts

There was I looking disconsolately at the ravaged tables in the Reet Hard dining room, nearly empty with just a couple of delicacies hidden amongst the dog-eared sandwiches. But, wait. What’s that door into the Constitution Hill room - I peaked into a dining room much less opulent than the Reet Hard, but with tables groaning under the weight of the most succulent dishes imaginable.

The notice said it wasn’t open yet, but I couldn’t wait and dashed in only to find everything was covered ...

Updated 8th October 2023 at 7:01 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Saturday

by , 7th October 2023 at 11:22 AM (Bits and Pieces)
    My three bets for today have bitten the dust - Kylian and Barada non-runners and Dragon Leader is far too short for my taste even though i can’t see him beaten.

What to do, then?

Inspiral looks good for the Sun Chariot, but I wonder why the Gosdens are running Coppice again after last week’s success when she’s reportedly off to the US? She’s one who I think is considerably better than her rating, but I suppose Frankie would have had the choice.

Nice ...

Updated 8th October 2023 at 6:32 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Thursday 5th October 2023

A couple today that I've had my eye on.

Immelman - 5.20 Thurles 9/1 Ew (Bog)

It has to be said that this one has disappointed thus far after this note I made about his running in July:

'I noted this one in July when it made late headway over 2m at the Curragh. He looked a sure-fire future winner to me and I subsequently backed him on his next at Galway (last time out). How gutted was I to see him finish stone last? It transpires that he was reported ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. What are you backing Today? Part 2

Edited.

Updated 30th September 2023 at 4:01 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized