View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Newbury

by , 1st December 2023 at 11:20 AM (Bits and Pieces)
    Here we are then, my favourite meeting even though the Hennessy is but a shadow of its former self. Bit beyond me now, but I’ll settle in my armchair and wallow in warm memories.

First up is Jeriko Du Reponet in the opener. All the talk is of him being destined as the next superstar and I’m agog to find out if he deserves the billing. Never a bet at 4/11, but a race not to miss.

12:40 the favourite Djelo ran and jumped well to win at Aintree a couple of weeks ago and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Just for a bit of interest

MAXXUM 123P 16/1 be good to see how good he can be after following him over hurdles.

CLIPSHAM LA HAVANA 715W 9/1 I put him in my alerts and put 6f so now back on the aw over 6.

I've done 4 in an ew yankee

Coconut splash 335h 10/1
    Lord snootie 220h 9/1
    Albert's back 115h 10/1
    Saint Segal 315a 11/2
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Thursday 23/11/23

Here we are at a bit of a crossroads with

Hello Judge - 3.00 Newcastle 9/4 win (taken earlier)

Anyone who reads my blogs will know that this is one I've followed. In fact it's almost a year since he first came into blog view. That was his chase debut over today's C/D. I saw that he jumped like an assured natural that day and was noted for a future, being so lightly raced, his connections and the quality of his leaping.

After breathing problems ...

Updated 23rd November 2023 at 2:42 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Two Good Ones?

by , 13th November 2023 at 12:41 PM (Bits and Pieces)
    Henderson often gives his top bumpers their first hurdle experience at Kempton and he runs East India Express there today. Bolted up on his only bumper run here last February (which surprised Henderson because they fancied their other runner with Nico up) then succumbed to the cough, took a long time to get over it and didn’t run again. Probably not worth a bet since likely odds-on, but it’ll be an informative outing.

Oliver Sherwood took Queen’s Gamble with him when he joined Harry ...

Updated 13th November 2023 at 3:00 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Some for saturday

Gesskille 245a no price but jumps these fences well. 11/4
    Local Dynasty 345nc 10/3 went into notebook last time.
    Call me ginger 315nc well weighted 14/1
    Threeunderthrufive 225w 10/3 well capable but is it trying or is it a pipe opener for the Hennessey.
    Foxy girl 145dr 4/1 looks well hcapped for its first hcap.

Good luck.
    Categories
    Uncategorized