View RSS Feed

Bits and Pieces

Iím not a great fan of this time of the year. There are too many strange results at the fag end of the jumping season as many a fancied runner has already called it a day and is just out for an afternoon stroll. Add to those the disappointments who suddenly realise theyíve got to earn a bit of corn to keep themselves in comfort for another year and you can really throw your formbook out of the window. Best to keep your money in your pockets if you can.

The flatís in swing, though, so thatís ok. Really? The floors littered with slips for short priced runners who have not lived up to last seasonís reputation or have been beaten by ugly ducklings who have become swans. Wait until youíve seen them run! intones the post-it note on my screen. Until then............Best to keep your money in your pockets if you can.

Unfortunately, I neither have the discipline nor the patience to do whatís best for me.

Ah! Joy of joys. Thereís a couple I have watched and put in my tracker running this week-end. They might start the ball rolling as long as they donít drift.....bacause I donít back drifters, do I. Come on Red Poppy and Rosstafarian, get me started.

1. Chepstow part two

1:15 Magistrato won this with any amount in hand and itíll be interesting to watch developments.

1:50 Last term Allmankind came third in a pipe opener hurdle run before taking a chase a couple of weeks later. Looks like the same pattern being played out this time round.

2:25 It was a good run by the winner Chirico Vallis at 16/1 although he had been 40s earlier so not entirely unexpected. Although the rest were miles behind he couldnít shake off Kittyís Light who snapped ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Jumps, Jumps, Jumps - Chepstow part one.

Oh, itís good to have jumping back - sorry Reet - with Chepstow. Already been some decent horses on show and some promising runs.

Friday
    1:00 Knappers Hill. Paul Nicholls likes to start off one of his good ones here and Knappers Hill didnít disappoint, although he didnít win by as much as youíd expect from a 2/13 shot. Had plenty in hand though. Nicholls thinks he needs experience and says heís off to Wincanton 6 November next.

1:35 Does He Know has been a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Newmarket - 3

W3last yesterday.

Money came for Spinaround so he became a viable bet - not for me, though, since I was settling down to watch the Ryder Cup (what a dreadful first day and itís difficult to see them coming back from it). Didnít back Fooraat because of the overnight weakness which didnít strengthen. Left with Domino Darling who came a thumping last

Only tracker today is Naval Commander in the Cambridgeshire, but at 80/1 a forlorn hope so Iíll just settle down ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Newmarket - 2

232 yesterday - good job only fun bets.

Three trackers again today:

Spinaround 1:15 - showed a lot of promise in runs to date, but up against a heavy odds on job and itís his ďget my handicapĒ run. No go.

Floorat 1:50 - got involved in a barging match last time at York which knocked her off balance, but only went down by two short heads. Would likely have won otherwise. Quite keen on her, but drifted a bit over night which is not good news. Will keep ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Newmarket - 1

I started this blog earlier in the year with - ď Iím not a great fan of this time of the year. There are too many strange results at the fag end of the jumping season as many a fancied runner has already called it a day and is just out for an afternoon stroll. Add to those the disappointments who suddenly realise theyíve got to earn a bit of corn to keep themselves in comfort for another year and you can really throw your formbook out of the window.Ē

Now here we are at the fag end ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast