View RSS Feed

Bits and Pieces

Just thoughts from time time.

1. Goodwood Day 5

Goodwood Day 5

Just two worthy favourites to finish an enjoyable Glorious Goodwood. Must be over seventy years since my dad first took me (in company with a coach load from the Swan & Sugar Loaf which was my parents pub).

1:05. Classic had a very impressive debut at Newbury. Slowly away, he raced in the rear and made good late headway to finish fourth without being put under any pressure whatsoever and without getting a clear run and having to be switched. I suspect ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Goodwood Day 4

Goodwood Day 4

Absolutely nothing serious for day four. Just some lark about bets just to keep the interest going in what, for me, is an uninteresting day.

1:50. Zoffee has been running very well. Big price last time in the Heritage at HQ with Frankie aboard, went into the lead final furlong against the rail, but had to race alone with nothing to race against and came 3rd. That may have been the main target. Been jumping the last couple of years in Class2/3 ...

Updated 29th July 2022 at 4:39 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Goodwood Day 3

Goodwood Day 3

After a nightmare of a day yesterday Iíve got a 2yo slate today aside from in the first. Caution reigns. Net -1 now.

1:50. Migdam won over 1m2f at Doncaster like a class horse despite meeting plenty of trouble on his first and only run this season. He was bumped 2 out then got short of room and had to fight a bit to get clear when he romped off and won going away. " This fellow has gears, stays well and I couldn't pull him up afterwards." ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Goodwood Day 2

Goodwood Day 2

1:50. Iíve been watching the development of Mugader as he gained his handicap mark over inadequate distances (1m2f) and then a ďnothing expectedĒ first handicap run over not much more (1m4f). Came good in his last run winning over 1m6f. Has a St Leger entry, so this is probably the distance for him. Not convinced the drop back to 1m4f will suit, but will be guided by the market. 20/1 early price didnít last long, took some ew to four places @ 15/1 (wh) down at 10/1 ...

Updated 27th July 2022 at 8:18 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Goodwood Day 1

Goodwood Day 1

2:25. Karl Burke reckons he only ran Holloway Boy in the Chesham at Royal Ascot to get the owners some tickets. In the event he (the horse, not Karl) ran extremely well, settled at the back until 2f out then moving through the field strongly to lead half a furlong out and win going away. Itís difficult to know what the form is worth as only a few of them have run since (without distinction) and itíd be a chancy business to think he might follow up here. Just a watch ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast