View RSS Feed

Bits and Pieces

Just thoughts from time time.

1. Saturday Again

The usual plethora of trackers to whittle down, but nothing outstanding betwise.

Awaal 4:00 Newmarket. Ran a cracker to second in the Lincoln and again to third in the Hunt Cup. Worthy favourite, but opposed by Montassib who disappointed at Ascot, but has the right ground this time.

Kerdos 2:35 York. I don’t know if m eyes deceived me because I was in a rush last night, but I thought I saw him at 9/1 then - 7/2 now. Anyway, ran a good second behind Rhythm N Hooves ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Saturday Sandown Sizzlers

I’m quite excited about the Sandown card since I’ve got notebook horses I like in every race bar the last. Dangerous, that, isn’t it. As Marb says, I will have to hold off until tomorrow and we know state of the going and market movements.

1:50 - I had two noted for this, but we’ve lost EQUILATERAL who was my main hope. Left the way clear for ANNAF who has been running well at Group level culminating in a decent 3rd in the King’s Stand at Royal Ascot, albeit 50/1 and apparently ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Ascot take-outs

Day 1

2:30 I thought INSPIRAL ran a cracking race in second and looks back to her best, although Gosden says she’ll come on for the race.

3:05 ARMY ATHOS was left in the lead from a long way out, but stayed on strongly and was only just denied.

3:40 TWILIGHT CALLS got squeezed at the start, raced in the rear and was making good headway when didn’t get a clear run a furlong or so out. Would have finished much closer otherwise.

4:20 ISAAC ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 5

Not quite sure how, but I finished up on the right side thanks to money back on Soprano, ew with Ajero, double Tahiyra and King of Steel and ew Conquistador. I reckon a bit unlucky with Magical Sunset who won the far side race when all the pace was with the near side group.

1. Jabaara (Soprano)
    2. NobleStyle (Little Big Bear)
    3. Aimeric (Ajero)
    4. Tahiyra
    5. Magical Sunset
    6. King of Steel
    7. Conquistador

Anyway, that’s today, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day 4

A bad day three, Al Asifah was a huge disappointment (and costly), shuffled towards the back, but well positioned round the turn and looked to be coming to win her race. Could not follow through, so maybe didn’t stay the extra distance. There was no place money from the placers but money back on a few. Rhoscolyn was 23rd so today wasn’t the day, another few pounds off and THE day can’t be far away.

1. Elite Status (American Rascal)
    2. Bertinelli (Perfuse)
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast