View RSS Feed

Bits and Pieces

Just thoughts from time time.

1. Another Saturday

by , 2nd September 2023 at 1:37 PM (Bits and Pieces)
    One of those days yesterday. Four trackers up, backed three of them - guess what won?

Charlie Appleby and Godolphin have three decent runners at Sandown, but Buick has gone to Chester for the one there - Military Order - which ought to mean he’s a good favourite, albeit odds-on. That’s not the one I’m mainly interested in, though, because Buick is also up on Fair Wind who is very well drawn and if he has learned to relax (or the Buick touch engineers it) he seems a good ...

Updated 2nd September 2023 at 1:39 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. York Take Outs

Wednesday

I think everyone’s a bit quick to condemn Dettori’s ride on Gregory, but I do agree with Simon Rowlands, as reported by desert - post #89, that there is not as much between him and the winner as it seemed.

Thursday

To think I was worried that Dragon Leader might get found out jumping up to a Class2 race from his earlier Class4 wins. He was mighty impressive, smashing the opposition and he looks as though he can take another jump in ...

Updated 31st August 2023 at 1:33 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. York 3

It’s all going very nicely, so maybe I’ll be riding for a fall today. Hope not.

1:50 - it would be lovely to see Paul Hanagan finish his career with a winner and there will likely be a lot of sentimental money on Wootton’Sun pushing him to a false price. I wish Paul all the best, but I’ll leave the race alone I think.

2:25 - I doubt they will let Quickthorn get away with it again as he did at Goodwood, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him try. None of the others bust ...

Updated 25th August 2023 at 9:54 AM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. York 2

After yesterday’s feast it’s fingers crossed that famine doesn’t follow.

1:50 - can’t really see past Relief Rally in this. Should win if form means anything. One I’ll be watching in is Star of Mystery. Charlie Appleby has a poor hand of three year olds atm, but reckons he’s got a strong hand of two year olds who will start coming good in late summer/autumn. So I’m going to start keeping a careful note of them.

2:25 - Dragon Leader came from way back to finish eye poppingly ...

Updated 24th August 2023 at 9:28 AM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. York 1

by , 23rd August 2023 at 10:35 AM (Bits and Pieces)
    Got a few popping up today which are interesting, but none for a full bet given the competition.

1:50 - as I mention in the York thread I keep seeing Equilateral who is a Group horse in a handicap. Surely his class will see him in the top half dozen? Also, it seems a change of scenery has galvanised Intrinsic Bond, but I can’t say I really trust him.

2:25 - I thought Cogitate won very comfortably at Newbury with plenty left under the bonnet. He’ll need it pitched in ...

Updated 23rd August 2023 at 11:14 AM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized