View RSS Feed

Bits and Pieces

Just thoughts from time time.

1. Saturday

My three bets for today have bitten the dust - Kylian and Barada non-runners and Dragon Leader is far too short for my taste even though i can’t see him beaten.

What to do, then?

Inspiral looks good for the Sun Chariot, but I wonder why the Gosdens are running Coppice again after last week’s success when she’s reportedly off to the US? She’s one who I think is considerably better than her rating, but I suppose Frankie would have had the choice.

Nice ...

Updated 8th October 2023 at 6:32 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Probably Giving It a Miss

Good racing at Newmarket, but I can’t concentrate since I’m glued to the Ryder Cup. Fantastic first day with Europe winning all the morning foursomes then winning one and drawing the other three four balls in the afternoon. Eight matches and the USA have not managed a single win, although I expect they’ll come out fighting tomorrow.

Albeit probably in hindsight I’ll be interested to see how Soprano goes in the Cheveley Park since I thought her debut run showed tremendous promise, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Big Handicaps Are NOT For Me

Well, they didn’t used to be until the Talking Horses fraternity seduced me

Ayr Gold Cup

It’s been a very lack lustre season for ROHAAN, but I think there were signs of life last time in the Group 1 Sprint Cup at Haydock where he finished tenth of sixteen some six lengths behind the winner. He didn’t get a clear run where it mattered and would have been a lot closer otherwise. It would not be hard to argue that he’s been set up for this race and if he runs anywhere ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Itchy Fingers and Buggered Back

Oh the joys of old age. Managed to bugger my back twisting to get out of the car with a bag full of shopping. Been flat out in the back recovery position ever since and passing the time reading Paul Nicholls Horses in Training and Paul Ferguson Jumpers to Follow. Giving me real itchy fingers to get going with the jumps and welcoming all those old friends back.

In the meantime I managed to break the run of seconds earlier in the week, but was back there again with Ehraz yesterday. ...

Updated 22nd September 2023 at 10:27 AM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Fag End

Nearly at th fag end of the season now when results can go haywire ( if they are not haywire enough anyway) as horses go over the top and/or leap out of the doldrums to try and pay for some winter feed.

The St Leger looks wide open to me, but I doubt it will look like that at the winning post. O’Brien is mob handed with four runners and although Continuous is probably the best of them I have a sneaky feel for Tower of London who went down by a head to Castle Way
    At Newmarket ...

Updated 16th September 2023 at 11:09 AM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast