View RSS Feed

Bits and Pieces

Just thoughts from time time.

1. Interestin

by , 1st November 2023 at 11:10 AM (Bits and Pieces)
    Been mainly building the notebook without a great deal of betting and there’s one coming up of interest to day a Fakenham 1:40.

Call the Dance is pretty highly thought of by Nicky Henderson - “She is a lovely home bred mare of James and Jean Potters out of Hora who we trained, and she was a good staying mare herself. Call The Dance finished fourth in what I think was a good race at Ludlow in January and then won very nicely at Southwell in April. She has come back looking a picture, ...

Updated 1st November 2023 at 11:11 AM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Champions Day Annexe

by , 17th October 2023 at 8:07 PM (Bits and Pieces)
    It may be Champions Day on Saturday with the horseflesh elite treading the turf, but there are a few decent jumpers on show elsewhere all being well.

I’m particularly interested in JPR One at Newton Abbott, who was due to go over fences last season, but a torn muscle made them wait ‘til this season to retain his novice status. Evidently he jumps very well and I reckon he’s going to be very good.

Won’t have it all his own way by any means. Iceo was in the same boat and ...

Updated 17th October 2023 at 8:08 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Saturday Chepstow

by , 14th October 2023 at 10:28 AM (Bits and Pieces)
    Evidently the rain at Chepstow was of biblical proportions and turned the hurdles course into a quagmire with the chase course not as bad. Hopefully, it’ll stay dry today and be a bit better.

Of interest today, albeit betting unlikely.

2:30 - not sure why Henderson is persevering with Emir Sacree who only ran four times last season and pulled up in three of them. A decent run at Sandown when he did complete, though.

3rd - much better run, bowled along ...

Updated 14th October 2023 at 7:25 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Yippee!! Jumps, Jumps, jumps

by , 13th October 2023 at 10:23 AM (Bits and Pieces)
    Here we go then, hope everyone has a cracking season. I suppose it’s really a day for watching and enjoying, but I dare say the odd bet will not be resisted.

1:50 - Some old friends in this. Danny Kirwan goes well fresh, but it looks like the ground is going against him. The form of Thomas Darby goes in and out like a fiddlers elbow, but he’s another who shines early.

DANNY KIRWAN looked to be going very easily in a prominent position, the emptied very quickly just ...

Updated 13th October 2023 at 5:50 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Jumping Feasts

There was I looking disconsolately at the ravaged tables in the Reet Hard dining room, nearly empty with just a couple of delicacies hidden amongst the dog-eared sandwiches. But, wait. What’s that door into the Constitution Hill room - I peaked into a dining room much less opulent than the Reet Hard, but with tables groaning under the weight of the most succulent dishes imaginable.

The notice said it wasn’t open yet, but I couldn’t wait and dashed in only to find everything was covered ...

Updated 8th October 2023 at 7:01 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast