View RSS Feed

Bits and Pieces

Just thoughts from time time.

1. Christmas Crackers

Ambion View

“Ambion View will have one run in a bumper then go novice hurdling. He is a beautiful horse” said Joe Tizzard

Third in the Wincanton bumper at 40/1 on Boxing Day he’ll presumably now be off over hurdles and up in distance which will suit. Might be interesting.

Bravemansgame

I thought he would have won the King George but for getting tangled up with Shiskin when he slipped. He would have been at his peak for this and with Galopin ...

Updated 3rd January 2024 at 10:16 AM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. It’s 2024 - Happy New Year guys and gals.

Lot’s of racing, but I guess the going is going to be pretty horrible and I’m not keen to risk much. Musselburgh looks about the best with soft and good to soft in places. Couple there that I like.

1:10 - a couple of well thought of southern raiders occupy the favourite and second favourite slots, but they may have to give best to the canny Sandy Thompson and Benson who won it last year doing handstands.

1:45 - Park Annonciade was favourite last night and has drifted ...

Updated 1st January 2024 at 1:54 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Last 2023 Saturday

It’s been pissing down here all morning and I’m not that far from Newbury so whether the going there stays good/soft is doubtful. Henderson has a full hand of top notchers out there today and he won’t want to risk them if it gets too bad.

Too late for his Spring Note who has won the first.

12:40 apparently the next superstar for him we’ll see what Jeriko Du Reponet is made of, but I’m not going to risk a lot to win very little. Also be interested to see how JAITROPLACLASSE ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Cheltenham Saturday

Good racing today, a load of trackers and I’m in a sea of indecision

1:15 - yorick has made a convincing case for In Excelsis Deo and that’s put me off Calico who I thought looked pretty good last time. Should be grateful for that because I hate supporting Skelton horses.

1:50 Thunder Rock was certainly impressive last time, but I must have Monmiral who is surely due a win. Also got a sneaky liking for Frero Banbou who was unlucky last time.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Newbury (2)

Glad they’ve saved the day (unless the mid morning inspection bites). I was missing not being there yesterday, but staying tucked up nice and warm wasn’t a bad option . Looks like some nice racing today and plenty of interest.

12:30 - I tend to stay clear of Jonjo’s horses because I can never get him right, but it’s difficult to see past Inch House despite being put up 10 lbs for his last run here. So did he have enough in hand to cope with that or is Jonjo out to start getting ...

Updated 2nd December 2023 at 12:05 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast