View RSS Feed

Bits and Pieces

Just thoughts from time time.

1. Day 4

Blimey! If you thought today was difficult try tomorrow! Can’t really see a bet - Galopin maybe - and I think I’ll just sit on my hands if I can.

Shocked to see that eleven of the fifteen runners in the Triumph are trained in Ireland. That comes on top of the Supreme where the Irish contingent numbered nine and the best of the Brits - Strong Leader - could only beat one of them coming in ninth place. What price the future for our racing?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 3

In the Turners I think Mighty Potter looks a good favourite, but I was hoping that Stage Star might help stem the Irish tide in these top races. With the odd exception it does look like fighting guns with pitchforks at the moment. With MP price so skinny I’ll still look to Stage Star for at least for a place, but it’s more in hope than anything else.

Looking forward to seeing how Shiskin gets on in the Ryanair, he certainly looked as though he was back last time. Price I skinny, though, ...

Updated 15th March 2023 at 11:04 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day 2

Can’t say I like anything very strongly, nor do any of the races stir my blood a great deal.

Gaelic Warrior in the Ballymore looks better than his 7/1 price to me. Mullins had him earmarked for this, but he was left in the Supreme until. Maybe he was intended as the FV substitute if all was not well with him.

Gerri Columbe in the Brown advisory looks decent, but price is skinny.

And that’s it, really. I did think I’d be hot on Queens Gamble in the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 1

I may kick myself for ignoring the handicaps, but I’ve got trackers in opposition anyway.

Supreme - I can’t believe Facile Vega has suddenly lost his class, so I’ve forgiven his last run, but I can’t resist having a little on High Definition who has flat top class and must be well thought of to be tossed into this with so little experience. Be a tough ask, though.

Arkle - can’t desert Jonbon although danger lurks round every corner. He’s the only one given CH half ...

Updated 13th March 2023 at 8:02 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Drifters, Drifters Everywhere

First thing I do is to check what’s happened to the overnight prices of the horses that I’m likely to be interested in on the assumption (rightly or wrongly) that if they are ready to rock the early price would be snapped up pretty fast.

Today I’ve got nothing but drifters and only Fringill Dike - 4:25 Doncaster - who has strengthened and then not much at 7/2 atm from 11/2 overnight. I don’t really fancy him up against Prairie Wolf who I think is a good favourite, but may have a ...

Updated 4th March 2023 at 5:41 PM by barjon

Categories
    Uncategorized