View RSS Feed

yorick

1. Tuesday 24th October 2023

Traditionally, this is always a tricky part of the year for the punter. Quite simply, it's just impossible to say how a horse will run if returning after a break. In truth, the NH season hasn't really got into full swing so any selection will always carry a caveat, won't it. Having acknowledged that, there will be times when you just have to back it and see. This will particularly apply those horses that have impressed most the previous season.

Today, one such horse is running and ...

Updated 24th October 2023 at 11:37 AM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Sunday 15/10/23

Only last week I picked up on Immelman, back to 2m and a lovely price.

Here's a reproduction of my entry that day:

A couple today that I've had my eye on.

Immelman - 5.20 Thurles 9/1 Ew (Bog)

It has to be said that this one has disappointed thus far after this note I made about his running in July:

'I noted this one in July when it made late headway over 2m at the Curragh. He looked a sure-fire future winner to me and I subsequently

Updated 15th October 2023 at 11:03 AM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Thursday 12th October 2023

There's one going today that I made a note for 250 days ago. I've kept my eyes open and it's taken all this while for him to run again. It's only a personal thing but I've not forgotten the ground made up in his last run and instantly recognised the name when I looked at the racecard.

West Warhorse - 3.05 Worcs 8/1 BOG Ew

You know, I Hardly ever, ever back NH flat races but I make an exception here on account of the impression made with that run.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Thursday 5th October 2023

A couple today that I've had my eye on.

Immelman - 5.20 Thurles 9/1 Ew (Bog)

It has to be said that this one has disappointed thus far after this note I made about his running in July:

'I noted this one in July when it made late headway over 2m at the Curragh. He looked a sure-fire future winner to me and I subsequently backed him on his next at Galway (last time out). How gutted was I to see him finish stone last? It transpires that he was reported ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Wednesday 27th September 2023

Since my fortunes seem to have improved markedly of late (That's jinxed it!), I thought I'd 'publish' my two fancies today:

Typewriter - Goodwood 4.50 9/1 Ew

I noted this filly earlier in the season, particularly her run at York in late May (Gp3), behind River Of Stars (now rated 106), beaten 4.5L at levels. That was eye-catching, I thought, with nice late headway. Since then, she's been highly tried in Cl 2's and at distances which may have been beyond her. I see ...

Updated 27th September 2023 at 9:52 AM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast