View RSS Feed

yorick

1. Monday 2nd April 2024

It's early in the flat season but I thought I'd give it a go in one race today at Pontefract.

Wen Moon - 3.15 Pontefract - 0/30 Win.

This one won over the course first time out last season over 6f on soft ground. I think he's shown that he can handle 5f and will not be overly inconvenienced by today's heavy surface. He can race prominently, too, which seems to be an advantage on this course. Yes, it's early in the season and one can never tell about fitness but he'll ...

Updated 2nd April 2024 at 12:10 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Monday 1st April 2024

It's Easter Monday and certainly enough racing but very little to enthuse about as far as any selections go. I will probably have two bets today, one at Plumpton and a little ew dart thrown at the Irish Grand National.

The 5.25 at Plumpton only has four runners (of course) yet the prices are quite generous bearing that in mind. Firstly, I'm thinking that the 2m here will surely be too sharp for George Moore's Aggagio, a two-miler on the flat who has a soft ground preference. Now, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Sunday 31st Mrach 2024

some nice racing today, I think: more to get my teeth into.

I have a couple that I fancy:

Rouge De L'Quest - 4.35 Fos Llas - 3/1 Win

I noted this one on his chase debut in November. A very lightly raced gelding, having his first run over fences against some seasoned handicappers. One thing is certain: he's a natural jumper who measured the fences well. Only one mistake and it was good to see him learn from that, putting in a blemish – free round afterwards. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Saturday 30th March 2024

All that studying and getting my bets ready - ruined with Musselburgh off.

I don't know about you but all this rain, rain, rain has left me just diluted, I'm afraid. TV racing from Meydan and Cork? No thanks.

Just one choice left.

Picanha - 2.40 Haydock 6/1 Ew

Picanha has only had 8 races under rules, 7 over hurdles so is inexperienced for his age (10). LTO, his first race for nearly 2 years, he was held up (best ridden this way) going ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Tuesday 19th March 2025

The aftershocks of Cheltenham subside and we now lie in the fallow field between The festival and Aintree. It's traditionally a tricky time, this; when the exertions of the campaign and the changing season can throw up unexpected results.

I really don't intend to be troubling the bookies too much at the moment but I will venture one today. It does, of course, come with a proviso but, at the price, I think it's worth a look-see:

Donny Boy - 3.45 Wetherby 6/1 Ew

Updated 19th March 2024 at 4:37 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast