View RSS Feed

yorick

1. Sunday 28th August 2022

I have to be doing this, surely:

Indian Creak - 1.50 Goodwood 7/1 Ew

I noted him making lovely late headway three runs ago at Goodwood in a 5f race where he had Atalis Bay just behind him, getting 8Lbs from that one.

On the strength of that, I put him up for the Gt St Wilfred. The draw did for him that day.

He's back at Goodwood where he ran that time. He last won over 6f at Windsor by 2 1/2L off a mark of 85. Tomorrow he's off 87. Doable. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Saturday 27th August 2022

I seem to have gone days without a really strong fancy: the racing just isn't throwing anything up.I got a nice 9/2 winner yesterday from my alerts but wasn't really sure about the bet tbh.

It's the same today. Two of my alerts go: Groundbreaker (18.05 Winds) and Regal Reality (18.35 Winds) but I'm not sure about either of them. Groundbreaker looks like it's out of his class and I'm not sure at all the RR will like the ground.

My other two alerts are good old Orbaan ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Mr Goldie, me and paracetamol

I have backed the Jim Goldie - trained Tommy G at Sandown and was heartened to see his record at Sandown over the last 5 years is 3-6 runners.

Then I noticed he has three runners there today.

Then I see that two of them are in the same race (4.15).

Then we see that one of them, Be Proud, won the race last year, ridden by Buick.

Then I see Buick is on his other runner, Primos Comet; Be Proud is ridden by Paul Mulrennan.

Then ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Sunday 21st August 2022

There are three that I'll be chancing today. The first was noted lto at Ascot and travels down to the fun palace that is Yarmouth:

Sharp Combo - 3.06 Yarmouth 7/2 Win

This one was noted lto at Ascot on Shergar day and trainer sends him down for a trip to a track where doesn't send many and I'd like to take the hint from them applying the pieces for the firts time. He made good late headway at Ascot and, although it wasn't the fastest-run race, I'm hoping that they'll ...

Updated 21st August 2022 at 12:38 AM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Saturday 20th August

Great racing at York and as competitive as you'll find.

An absolute wallet-rinser, of course, and tomorrow's no different so I've chosen a couple and I'll leave it like that as far as this blog goes.

In the Constantine handicap sprint, I've picked one that, on some form reading looks to have a decent chance, inasmuch as anything does in this cavalry charge. I suppose I should leave well alone but it's the last day and I'm going to chance my arm with:

Updated 20th August 2022 at 8:47 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast