View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Tuesday 19th March 2025

The aftershocks of Cheltenham subside and we now lie in the fallow field between The festival and Aintree. It's traditionally a tricky time, this; when the exertions of the campaign and the changing season can throw up unexpected results.

I really don't intend to be troubling the bookies too much at the moment but I will venture one today. It does, of course, come with a proviso but, at the price, I think it's worth a look-see:

Donny Boy - 3.45 Wetherby 6/1 Ew

Updated 19th March 2024 at 4:37 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Saturday 16th March 2024

Well, that's Cheltenham done and dusted for another year. I'm glad we're back to normal racing because the festival, for me, is just too difficult for I have trouble deciding which of the five Mullins horses in a race will win, or which of McManus' are going to prevail. Not a chance: I'm just not clever enough.

Today I have a couple that I'm doing and I share them with you in the hope that you'll be able to share my joy/misery, if you choose.

I have a horse which I ...

Updated 16th March 2024 at 2:07 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Cheltenham Wednesday 13th March 2024

So.

My only bet on day one, as you know, was Apple Away, a horse that I backed Ew ante post at 20/1. Strange thing to say, and maybe you know where I'm coming from, I just didn't feel confident on the day of the race. I don't know why, just a gut feeling. The good news is that, as the horse shortened dramatically over the last two days, by mid-way through the afternoon, with the price at 5/1, I realised I was being offered a cashback that was 125% my original stake. I thought it made ...

Updated 12th March 2024 at 10:52 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Cheltenham Tuesday March 12th 2024

Hiya.

Here we are at the festival.

Once more we launch our foggy, hopeful deliberations onto the landscape of Prestbury Park Racecourse. And foggy they are. I'll admit that, come the day, my deliberations will have me downright flummoxed. Yes, it's guesswork, my friends, for the most part, but I'll be thrilled to be watching as the fog lifts to reveal the denouement of my Festival folly.

I only have one main bet for the first day:

Apple ...

Updated 12th March 2024 at 10:42 AM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Saturday 9th March 2024

Any joy today will be a miracle. I've a couple from my notebook which I'll share and then three for Ew fun.

Hudson De Grugy - Sandown 4.40 11/2 Ew

This one I've followed and who won on this day over c/d in both '21 and '23. He's nicely weighted again but, of course, the weather poses a potential issue with the going. On soft ground I'd be more confident but, apparently, it's changed to G/Sft which might prove irksome since all his winning has been on soft. However, ...

Updated 9th March 2024 at 1:16 PM by yorick

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 27 12345611 ... LastLast